As Promised I am putting a little a guide here.
Any Suggestion, Question, curse words keep in Thread only.
This MOD is not hard anyway. So here we go.
Sometimes ago I posted THIS, Its a nice little Dock for about $7.
Only Down side is it dosent do MHL or USB OTG. The Reason is pin4 and pin5 are shorted together. But unfortunately there is no way just to use one extra wire and solder it a two ends.
So I boutht THIS, Its true Micro USB cable Extension for about $5.
** You can use this Guide to MOD any DOCK to make it work with your MHL or USB OTG cable.
All You have to do is, Open the Dock (There are 6 screws in the bottom of Dock) take the existing micro USB Male to Female extension out and replace it with the Motorola SKN6258.
I have used THIS dock for this tutorial. But you can MOD almost any Dock this way.
1. Unscrew the Dock from bottom. To do that you have to peel off the Rubber Pad stick to the bottom. Do it little Slowly so you can stick back the Rubber Pad.
2. Take the 3 pieces apart and take off the Micro USB male to female part. Which is almost useless. And also remove the part shown in Circle.
3. Take the Bottom piece and using Knife cut the Groves as Shown for the Back Female Micro USB Connector.
4. Now Take the Motorola Micro USB Extension Cable and remove the Protective Plastic Ends.
To do this Cut along the line where two part are stick together. Please refer to the pics below.
And also remove the Black outer cover around the wires. You can do this later too but this gives more flexibility while working.
5.This is the ONLY HARD PART. Be very careful and remove the WHITE plastic part around Female USB connector PCB covering the wires soldered to PCB. Please be Very patient
while doing this. Use the sharper blade(The Sharper the Safer). Removing all the plastic really helps putting it in place with bottom of the Dock.
Also as shown in the pictures, trim the plastic Under and on Both Sides of Female Micro USB Connector so it fits perfect in the place.(See pictures)
Otherwise it will not align with bottom edge.
6. Be little Extra Careful. As you can see in Pic 1 our new Male Connector is thicker and little shorter compare to the original Connector came with Dock.
So Using pliers we are going to take the Metal Housing around the Male Micro USB. This will lessen the thickness of the end so we can slide it easily
into existing housing without further modifications.
7. Cut some rubber pads to keep things in place. Use the two tiny pieces as shown in picture to place it around Male Micro USB Connector.
8. We almost there. Now as show in pic below you have to make another cut to make space for Male connector to fit right. Also Cut a little piece of rubber pad
to put in that groove to give cushion as shown. Also remove the little T like plastic under the tiny female connector Cover,
9. Put Everything in place and Carefully close the dock. Put couple of screws and check to see everything works as it should.
10. In my case I had to open the Dock again and trim the Front Part of Female Micro USB connector. Because if you have MHL or Micro USB cable with short length Connector
it dosent stay connected in the Dock. And this way removing unnecessary plastic housing, you can connect the cables firmly. Refer to pics below for better understanding.
The Only Reason Stock Dock dosent work is pin4 and pin5 are shorted together.
And there is no way to use an extra wire because they are shortened right on the tiny PCB attached to both the Ends.
Enjoy your New MHL and USB OTG compatible Dock.