5,600,292 Members 36,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Player 5.0 - uneven battery drain?

Tip us?

veritucis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljokingaside View Post
Hey. I've noticed a similar pattern via battery monitor widget, tho nowhere even close to ws prononced as yrs. I generally monitor the mA rate and it goes from -2ma steadily until 80%, the rate then speeds up. W moderate usage, i get roughly 2 days out of the sgp before charging, when there's roughly 30% or less left.

I also remembr some folks mentioning that the battery wont report greater than 80%; i imagine that 80% acts a sort of border where he readings r concerned.

Try out that program i mentioned to monitor usage. Personally, im on entropys kernel and chips rom (occasionally switching to paranoid android), have undervolted it slightly, and added a few init.d scriptsl aiming for optimal battry life. Also, try out watdhdog lite to monitor any apps that might be wakelocking improperly and Gemini app manager to disable ann0ying apps from starting on boot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
Yeah. I'm currently using Paranoid Android and it only charges to 80%. When I unplug and plug in the device it starts charging again.

nirslsk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I love the Galaxy Player 5.0, but it really bugs me the way Samsung so often completely abandons its customers past the point of purchase. Charging problems, bogus battery level readout, GPS off battery drain, screwy unusable GPS compass... and forget about Android updates. The US version never even got 2.3.6. I really wish there was a viable non-Samsung alternative to the 5.0, but there doesn't appear to be anything else out there that's like it.