[Tweak]INIT.D

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 1483200

Is the supercharger script killing battery faster to anyone else?

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
Not sure as I have not been able to get it to work. I would think no from my prior experience with V6 and ICS on my Dinc 2. But that is a different device so ?? For some reason I cant get it to see Super user but have been busy building a rom for my friends OG Dinc so have not played with it much either.

jeriku

Mar 2, 2012
Is the supercharger script killing battery faster to anyone else?

Can't speak to that specifically, but I installed the freeky engine and Deodexed around the same time and I've seen decreased battery life. Don't know of its one our the other or both.

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Can't speak to that specifically, but I installed the freeky engine and Deodexed around the same time and I've seen decreased battery life. Don't know of its one our the other or both.

Deodexing does not reduce the battery life, but reduces some of the snappiness of the phone.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
Not sure as I have not been able to get it to work. I would think no from my prior experience with V6 and ICS on my Dinc 2. But that is a different device so ?? For some reason I cant get it to see Super user but have been busy building a rom for my friends OG Dinc so have not played with it much either.

The V6 Supercharger script works best with a deodexed rom. To have complete effect you need to make sure you have all the calibrations done, the service.jar modded and the service.odex (or in the case of the deodexed, ??).

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
Yea that's where I am stuck. Do we just use the old method through the web page? Thats what I used for my Dinc 2. Have not really had much time to mess with it and the phone is doing quite well for me. Very smooth and some great battery life. Is there really much of a difference after supercharging??

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
I did find some difference using the Supercharger, but I know how to setup supercharger. It is nice that it autoconfigures for people that are not familiar with this scripting product, but without reading a lot about how to configure it and what it does, it can be hard for people to see its affects.

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
I have some knowledge of it but and have used it quite allot on GB. But it can be very overwhelming as it does have a ton of options to try out. I saw quite a bit of effect on my Dinc 2 with a early ICS build just wasn't sure how well this device responded to it. Will have to try and get this done over the weekend.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
android update

windows adb file push was a success. during the first reboot my phone went thru the 'android update' process for the applications. I haven't read of this happening. anyone else get this?

i have a lt28at running ICS upgrade from .111

ganeshbiyer

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
windows adb file push was a success. during the first reboot my phone went thru the 'android update' process for the applications. I haven't read of this happening. anyone else get this?

i have a lt28at running ICS upgrade from .111

open the zip.
under the ect/init.d there is a file named dalvikxxxx
it is the culprit.
In fact it does this every time the phone reboots.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
open the zip.
under the ect/init.d there is a file named dalvikxxxx
it is the culprit.
In fact it does this every time the phone reboots.

Is this a script just to wipe the dalvic cache and mount it to a spot that init.d wants?

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

Last edited:

ganeshbiyer

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Is this a script just to wipe the dalvic cache and mount it to a spot that init.d wants?

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

Yes it moves the dalvik-cache from /data to /cache. But it does so only once.
But why the davik-cache is rebuild is beyond me.
I think android find the /data/dalvik-cache empty and rebuilds it. So it may be the case of rebuilding done before the script getting executed.

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Need help with creating an init.d file to disable auto brightness control.
This was given as a workaround and it looked like commands from an init.d file.
[highlight]
Have you rooted? If yes, open /system/etc/hw_config.sh, find "echo 1,0,0,0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/params" and "echo 1 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/enable". Change "echo 1,0,0,0" to "echo 0,0,0,0" and "echo 1" to "echo 0". Reboot the phone. Auto brightness should be disabled.[/highlight]

I am not sure on the wording. Would this be correct syntax to add to an init.d file?
'echo 0,0,0,0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/params'

'echo 0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/enable'

Thank you

~Jaramie

from my LT28at ION rooted, customized & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

ganeshbiyer

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Need help with creating an init.d file to disable auto brightness control.
This was given as a workaround and it looked like commands from an init.d file.
[highlight]
Have you rooted? If yes, open /system/etc/hw_config.sh, find "echo 1,0,0,0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/params" and "echo 1 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/enable". Change "echo 1,0,0,0" to "echo 0,0,0,0" and "echo 1" to "echo 0". Reboot the phone. Auto brightness should be disabled.[/highlight]

I am not sure on the wording. Would this be correct syntax to add to an init.d file?
'echo 0,0,0,0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/params'

'echo 0 > $dev/lcd-backlight/als/enable'

Thank you

~Jaramie

use this as a reference.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30707060&postcount=21

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
I have an issue with my init.d file. I have found that it will work for a minute and then the screen flickers and then the stock values are back with auto brightness.
~Jaramie

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure as this belongs here or not, but I think this is the best place for it. This will allow you to add init.d to your phone without CWM. I got it working for me, so I hope everyone else will have the same fortune.

Requirements:
    1.Root
    2.Fully installed Busybox
    3. Windows computer

Instructiions:
    Download and run runme.bat

Credits:
    keunhuvac - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577545

Added the CWM version to the OP - Quick instructions:
    Put on your SD card or somewhere you can find on your phone and flash with CWM - done!

Files from his forum - Xperia S - has been edited to remove errors

Please note this will fail if any of the Busybox symlinks are not complete!
    Cwm Flashable Zip to Add Init.d support

Cwm Flashable Zip to Add Init.d support

Copy it to the internal sd card and flash thru cwm recovery.:)
    the runme.bat worked on my phone with [4.1JB]_BlackZax's_Base on .211. I got init.d installed.
    Not sure as this belongs here or not, but I think this is the best place for it. This will allow you to add init.d to your phone without CWM. I got it working for me, so I hope everyone else will have the same fortune.

Requirements:
    1.Root
    2.Fully installed Busybox
    3. Windows computer

Instructiions:
    Download and run runme.bat

Credits:
    keunhuvac - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577545

Files from his forum - Xperia S - has been edited to remove errors

Please note this will fail if any of the Busybox symlinks are not complete!

I am not sure it works.
    1. the 06dalvik script did not create /cache/dalvik-cache folder.
    2. the 99test did not create any file in /data/local/tmp.

does our kernel support init.d?
    I am not sure it works.
    1. the 06dalvik script did not create /cache/dalvik-cache folder.
    2. the 99test did not create any file in /data/local/tmp.

does our kernel support init.d?

Mine is working, if you got some errors during the load process, I need to know.

If thing to do is check your symlinks and make sure that they are all there for busybox.
    Use this to check your symlinks:https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5idXN5Ym94Il0.

If any one is missing, it could stop the install process.