Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Solution for improving the sound on the nexus 7 - no root required

Tip us?

rgunara
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Solution for improving the sound on the nexus 7 - no root required

For those who think the volume is not loud enough on the nexus 7, download the free app called Music Volume EQ. Open the app and click on the EQ button, this will go to the equalizer screen and you have to set the equalizer to "ON" and move all the 5 bars all the way to the top(move it to +15) and then that is it. You can close the program and keep it running in the background. I have not noticed any battery drop with it. It improves the volume alot. No root required.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgunara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smt8544
Old
Thanks Meter 57
How's the actual sound quality? I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't a boost this large start to introduce distortion?
LG Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 + G3 Bionic + Updated GPU Drivers
Kernel: Franco

HTC Incredible S
ROM: VivoKat
Kernel: TESCO

ASUS Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock 4.4.4
Kernel: Franco

Mungulz
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt8544 View Post
How's the actual sound quality? I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't a boost this large start to introduce distortion?
Why don't you try it?

Anyway my investigation reveals that maxing out all volumes does induce a little distortion under bass, though I was listening to dubstep.
At 75% (Stock 50%, max 100%) on the application, volume was significantly improved, and distortion remained minimal.

I would suggest experimenting what works for you best, as not all speakers are made the same.

Strong suggestion OP.

dirtyhamster73
Old
Thanks Meter 1,629
I'm using "volume+ (volume booster) by meltus. It increased my volume by 50% with no distortion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
My electronic children:

(Bertha) Galaxy Note N7000....In White! - Stock

(Maakky Maaks Cousin) Nexus 4 - Rootbox w/ matrix 8.5

(Lana) HTC One.....In Glacier Silver- Stock

(Senny) HTC Sensation...In Black - Stock

(Lenny & Squiggy) 2 Asus Nexus 7's...Lenny-16gb/Squiggy-32gb Dirty Rootbox w/ Franco #47

manolos69
Old
(Last edited by manolos69; 26th August 2012 at 07:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhamster73 View Post
I'm using "volume+ (volume booster) by meltus. It increased my volume by 50% with no distortion.

ty i was searching for an app like that. i use bs player and i think its the sound is so low.

nexus stock rom 4.1.1, unlocked and root, removed **** apps with titanium.

EDIT. oops doesnt work on stock?

dirtyhamster73
Old
Thanks Meter 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolos69 View Post
ty i was searching for an app like that. i use bs player and i think its the sound is so low.

nexus stock rom 4.1.1, unlocked and root, removed **** apps with titanium.

EDIT. oops doesnt work on stock?
Sure it does....I'm stock on the N7 and it works perfect. I've been using it since last year when I bought the HTC sensation, if it wasn't for this app the sensation would be unusable. I'm now using it on the GNex as well.

My electronic children:

(Bertha) Galaxy Note N7000....In White! - Stock

(Maakky Maaks Cousin) Nexus 4 - Rootbox w/ matrix 8.5

(Lana) HTC One.....In Glacier Silver- Stock

(Senny) HTC Sensation...In Black - Stock

(Lenny & Squiggy) 2 Asus Nexus 7's...Lenny-16gb/Squiggy-32gb Dirty Rootbox w/ Franco #47

James-NC
Old
Thanks Meter 32
The bs player has it's own volume control that will make the sound much louder.Just swipe up on the right side of the screen while playing a movie to increase the volume louder than the stock controls will allow.

rgunara
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungulz View Post
Why don't you try it?

Anyway my investigation reveals that maxing out all volumes does induce a little distortion under bass, though I was listening to dubstep.
At 75% (Stock 50%, max 100%) on the application, volume was significantly improved, and distortion remained minimal.

I would suggest experimenting what works for you best, as not all speakers are made the same.

Strong suggestion OP.
Yeah I meant to say maximize the EQ settings but the stock volume can be altered as needed. But yeah if the stock is maxed as well there will be distortions and won't be good for speeker