CyanogenMod 10.1 Discussion thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo
. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features
- Camera is unstable, though taking pics should work
- Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken
- Some audio issues #blamecodeworkx
- Camera is now part of Gallery, that's why you might have two (because of Gapps)
- If you have no Camera icon in app drawer, remember you have a lockscreen
- If one camera app doesn't work, try the other one (if you have two)
- If it worked once then didn't work anymore, reboot
- Download the zip
- Download Gapps
- Install the update zip from recovery
- Install gapps from recovery
- Wipe/Factory reset
Development happens in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1854844
If you're encountering a bug that isn't listed above, make sure to attach a logcat with your report. If you don't know how to do it, then refrain from posting. Once again, if this thread is becoming a hassle for me, then I'll close it right away. And remember that CM10.1 IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
. No complaints for missing features either.
You can check out #teamhacksung-support on Freenode for live support - but we won't hesitate to ban you if you're bitching.
Also, a donation on the www.teamhacksung.org
webpage is really appreciated. Thanks!