FORUMS

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Setting nook apps to use 180 degrees

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By JackieBrown, Member on 26th August 2012, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a way to set my nook to stay at 180 rotation?

In other words, I would like it to think that the N button is on the top of my nook instead of the botton.

The reason for this is so I can have my nook charging while in the stand I have for it.

Most of my apps work with auto-rotation, but enough don't to be annoying.
 
 
26th August 2012, 03:34 PM |#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBrown

Is there a way to set my nook to stay at 180 rotation?

In other words, I would like it to think that the N button is on the top of my nook instead of the botton.

The reason for this is so I can have my nook charging while in the stand I have for it.

Most of my apps work with auto-rotation, but enough don't to be annoying.

You can use settings to enable the 180 setting then use settings to enable the orientation toggle in the notification area. Then lock the orientation to 180 when you have it there.
26th August 2012, 03:38 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

You can use settings to enable the 180 setting then use settings to enable the orientation toggle in the notification area. Then lock the orientation to 180 when you have it there.

How do I lock it? I tried turning off orientation once I have it at 180 but that just flips it back to 0.

I am using cm 7.2
Last edited by JackieBrown; 26th August 2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added version
26th August 2012, 03:55 PM |#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBrown

How do I lock it? I tried turning off orientation once I have it at 180 but that just flips it back to 0.

I am using cm 7.2

If you are running CM7, go to cyano settings, notification bar Widgets, and choose orientation lock. Then once you are at 180, pull down notification area and toggle orientation to lock it.
26th August 2012, 05:12 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

If you are running CM7, go to cyano settings, notification bar Widgets, and choose orientation lock. Then once you are at 180, pull down notification area and toggle orientation to lock it.

Thank you. That works. For some reason WordFeud seems to ignore that setting
27th August 2012, 07:19 AM |#6  
halrulez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBrown

Thank you. That works. For some reason WordFeud seems to ignore that setting

I feel ya on this and wish it could work. I sleep on the left side of the bed and hate turning it when it plugged in cause of the crappy nook cords breaking all the time.

I'm all thumb's
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes