Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] GreenButton - Run any program with the Green Button, even iDialer

Tip us?

supbro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] GreenButton - Run any program with the Green Button, even iDialer

I'd like to announce a program that I designed for use with iDialer:

GreenButton

GreenButton is an Open Source Windows Mobile 5.0+ program. It runs in the background as a very tiny executable (1kB) that waits for the Green Button (otherwise known as the "Talk" button) to be pressed. At that time, the specified program will be executed. I wrote this with iDialer in mind, and it works perfectly for those who want to use iDialer as their default dialer.

Go to my site for further details, and to download:

http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/
-Doug Melton
@dgmltn http://dougmelton.com

Ericsson T28z < SonyEricsson T68 < SonyEricsson T610 < HTC Typhoon < HTC Tornado < HTC Titan < HTC Victor + HTC Magic + Motorola CLIQ + Motorola Droid < HTC EVO 4G + Samsung Vibrant + Samsung Epic 4G + iPhone 3GS < Nexus S 4G < Galaxy Nexus LTE

joel2009
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks, great software. We get lots of requests for something like this in the Q&A Section.
Have i helped you? You can you can donate to my coffee fund here!

Before posting please read the rules.

The Development and hacking section is for contributers, please do not open a new thread in this sections unless you are contributing!
Please post your question here.

quicksite
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Location: PHONE HISTORY: HTC Glacier ... Desire ... Hero ... TmoWING ... TmoMDA
Default oh! F*in A man, now we're talking. Getting closer & closer to the killer app

I can't wait to d/l this and try it.

supbro -- on a tangential note: could you tell us which ROM you run, which SIP you use, whether ot not you use A_C's s2U2, PCMkeyboard?, etc? I have been looking for "best configurations", beyond just best-of-breed apps. Thanks very much for all your great work. I am looking forward to understanding your business and how it will serve smartphone users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbro View Post
I'd like to announce a program that I designed for use with iDialer:

GreenButton

GreenButton is an Open Source Windows Mobile 5.0+ program. It runs in the background as a very tiny executable (1kB) that waits for the Green Button (otherwise known as the "Talk" button) to be pressed. At that time, the specified program will be executed. I wrote this with iDialer in mind, and it works perfectly for those who want to use iDialer as their default dialer.

Go to my site for further details, and to download:

http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/

nir36
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 290
this is wonderful. thanks man.

samthu
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default great

tried it and works great thanks alot

wisniak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I installed it on my Tilt and it doesn't work (ie - I press the green button but nothing comes up, not even the standard dialer).
I also looked for a config utility, coulnd't find one (either in Start-Settings nor in Start-Programs).
I performed an SR after installation.
I was expecting some sort of possibility to link between the green button and my preferred app (O3TOUCH).

Thanks.
AT&T Tilt 8900
Radio: Kaiser 1.71.09.01 EMO
SPL: cmonex's HardSPL2 3.29
ROM: [13 November 08] HyperDragon III BlackStone OS 5.2.20757 Build 20757.1.4.0.

I also like Aruppenthal's RRE 5.2.19214(build 20748.1.4.0) Home v5.9 and NATF_v5_Final_ATT_Loaded ROMs

Ather
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 114
How do I change the program?
GreenButton is activated upon startup by a shortcut placed in "\Windows\Startup". Edit that shortcut (easiest to do over ActiveSync) and add your program as an argument (this example will execute Pocket IE upon Green Button press):
Quote:
44#"\Program Files\GreenButton\GreenButton.exe" \Windows\iexplore.exe
More Info Here : http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/
Visit my Tech Blog
Current Device:
HTC One M8
Running Stock Android 4.4.2

Older Devices:
hTC Himalaya | hTC Wizard | hTC Kaiser | hTC Touch Pro 2 | hTC Dream | Samsung Galaxy S II | iPhone 4 | hTC One X | Acer Iconia A100 | Nexus 7 3G | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Samsung Galaxy Note 3

supbro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisniak View Post
Hi,
I installed it on my Tilt and it doesn't work (ie - I press the green button but nothing comes up, not even the standard dialer).
I also looked for a config utility, coulnd't find one (either in Start-Settings nor in Start-Programs).
I performed an SR after installation.
I was expecting some sort of possibility to link between the green button and my preferred app (O3TOUCH).

Thanks.
There is no config utility, you must edit the registry manually. The registry settings are on my web site. GreenButton was designed for iDialer, so if you don't have iDialer installed, that would explain why no programs start when you push the green button.

If you want to run a different program, you can probably just change HKCU/Software/Supware.net/GreenButton/Run in the registry to the file name of your dialer (maybe \Program Files\O3\O3Touch.exe ?)

Also, after changing registry settings, be sure to soft-reset your device.
-Doug Melton

Ericsson T28z < SonyEricsson T68 < SonyEricsson T610 < HTC Typhoon < HTC Tornado < HTC Titan < HTC Victor + HTC Magic + Motorola CLIQ + Motorola Droid < HTC EVO 4G + Samsung Vibrant + Samsung Epic 4G + iPhone 3GS < Nexus S 4G < Galaxy Nexus LTE

supbro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ather90 View Post
How do I change the program?
GreenButton is activated upon startup by a shortcut placed in "\Windows\Startup". Edit that shortcut (easiest to do over ActiveSync) and add your program as an argument (this example will execute Pocket IE upon Green Button press):

More Info Here : http://www.supware.net/GreenButton/
Or that way.
-Doug Melton

wisniak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK
I'm not able to sync the PDA to my work computer, so rather than wait till evening, I used Resco Registry Editor and changed what seemed to me the appropriate reg keys.
So far it seems to be working (ie pressing the green button brings up O3Touch).
But I noticed that there seemed to be some hangs-ups, so I'll uninstall and reinstall then try to edit the shortcut via AS.
AT&T Tilt 8900
Radio: Kaiser 1.71.09.01 EMO
SPL: cmonex's HardSPL2 3.29
ROM: [13 November 08] HyperDragon III BlackStone OS 5.2.20757 Build 20757.1.4.0.

I also like Aruppenthal's RRE 5.2.19214(build 20748.1.4.0) Home v5.9 and NATF_v5_Final_ATT_Loaded ROMs