Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google play shows "kindle fire" under devices

Tip us?

xiangreek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Google play shows "kindle fire" under devices

Up until recently the play store could not see my fire. Now it recognizes it and allows me to click on download. However when I do nothing happens. This is an unrooted kindle. Play shows the apps as "installed" but again nothing ever gets to the kindle. Am I doing something wrong? Or is play recognizing fires now and working with them only if they're rooted? I didn't know if Google found some way around amazon's block.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
thexdinfinity Old
Thanks Meter 0
Your not doing anything wrong, my kindle had the same thing. I wasn't rooted and I was able to get on the play store but if I downloaded an app then it would crash. If you root and flash gapps on your kindle then you can send apps to download on your fire.

sparkplugDev
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by thexdinfinity View Post
Your not doing anything wrong, my kindle had the same thing. I wasn't rooted and I was able to get on the play store but if I downloaded an app then it would crash. If you root and flash gapps on your kindle then you can send apps to download on your fire.
If you have any apps on your fire that you sideloaded such as play books or play music that use a google account, then you will likely show up on google play