Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Tethering Unrooted Rezound to Nexus 7 using wifi hotspot

OP chriscrisis81

29th August 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
First off, my rezound is NOT rooted. I use Foxfi on it and can tether using the bluetooth option to my nexus 7, but a lot of the applications don't recognize it as an actual internet connection (example: i can browse around the play store but when i try to download an app it just gets stuck at waiting for network.) Before the ICS update Foxfi wouldn't even let me turn on the WiFi hotspot function. After the ICS update it will now turn on the WiFi hotspot but my nexus 7 will not connect to it. It just gets stuck at "acquiring IP address" and will not go passed that.

tl;dr if someone can help me use my rezounds wifi hotspot to tether to my N7 without having to root i would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by chriscrisis81; 30th August 2012 at 12:04 AM.
29th August 2012, 08:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 102

804 posts
What is stopping you from root? I wouldn't even have a smartphone if I couldn't root it. That said, I believe there are decent rootless tether apps.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
29th August 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
For one, I don't have a computer to root with and I really just don't want to go through the hassle or void my warranty. I've tried a lot of apps but none of them seem to let anything connect to the hotspot. Seems like it's something internal blocking it. I should probably have mentioned that I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan. Do you know of any hotspot tether apps I could try that might work?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
29th August 2012, 08:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 102

804 posts
Maybe try clock work mod. I don't know though because I have root.
Edit
I don't actually have a clue, it is possible there isn't a good rootless tether app that doesn't require usb
Last edited by xdadevnube; 29th August 2012 at 09:00 AM.
29th August 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #5  
Flag NYC area
Thanks Meter: 96

513 posts
More
I was on a beta test for a a bluetooth networking app from Open Garden. Try searching that in the Play Store.

29th August 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 81

1,084 posts
More
Edit the title of this thread to Tethering UNROOTED Rezound with Nexus 7. I bet you'll get more relevant people clicking in here.
29th August 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 817

3,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't want to root your phone? You'll have to pay to activate Verizon's built in wifi tether most likely.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 7, rezound, tether, wifi hotspot
Previous Thread Next Thread