Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL PATCH] Force AC (fast) Charging

Tip us?

JerryBYong
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338 View Post
Can be done, since we have kernel sources as of yesterday
Just that someone needs to do it
Well sorry but I'm a big newb so don't look at me lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
HTC Incredible S
Satisfied UKB II user

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBYong View Post
Well sorry but I'm a big newb so don't look at me lol

I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

JerryBYong
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?
HTC Incredible S
Satisfied UKB II user

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBYong View Post
just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?
chad0989 provided the patch file already. All you need is a complete source of the kernel, apply the patch and compile the kernel. But the patch is based on the previous kernel 2.6.35, so if the new kernel differs much from 2.6.35, some manual adjustment will be needed.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050
I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.
My phone

My work

JerryBYong
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.
Can you help me mod lost.prophets kernel?

HTC Incredible S
Satisfied UKB II user

vido.ardes
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,620

DONATE TO ME
I am looking for a patch that works with ICS, as soon as I find it, I will add it. Please be patient, I am trying!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vido.ardes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JerryBYong
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0st.prophet View Post
I am looking for a patch that works with ICS, as soon as I find it, I will add it. Please be patient, I am trying!
Ok thanks! Good work with the kernel

HTC Incredible S
Satisfied UKB II user

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050
Just found a possible kernel mod of forced fast charge for kernel 3. It's found in Github of yank555-lu.

He's committed several changes for "USB forced fast charge" for his ICS kernel for Sensation 4G/LE. May spend some hours this weekend for the mod. Perhaps someone else can do this faster than me?

https://github.com/yank555-lu/msm866...mits/mainline/
My phone

My work

vido.ardes
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,620

DONATE TO ME
The problem with all the patches I can find is they are all done on htc_battery_8x60.c which isn't present in our source. We have a htc_battery.c, but they are very differant files, and I can't see where it needs adding at the moment. I hope to have a better look later.