FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[KERNEL PATCH] Force AC (fast) Charging

1,883 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,456
 
By chad0989, Senior Member on 11th April 2012, 12:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2012, 08:56 AM |#21  
JerryBYong's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338

Can be done, since we have kernel sources as of yesterday
Just that someone needs to do it

Well sorry but I'm a big newb so don't look at me lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
 
 
25th August 2012, 10:35 AM |#22  
itandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,143
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBYong

Well sorry but I'm a big newb so don't look at me lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
27th August 2012, 05:55 AM |#23  
JerryBYong's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy

I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?
27th August 2012, 07:31 AM |#24  
itandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,143
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBYong

just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?

chad0989 provided the patch file already. All you need is a complete source of the kernel, apply the patch and compile the kernel. But the patch is based on the previous kernel 2.6.35, so if the new kernel differs much from 2.6.35, some manual adjustment will be needed.
28th August 2012, 03:19 AM |#25  
itandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,143
 
More
I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.
28th August 2012, 11:06 AM |#26  
JerryBYong's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy

I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.

Can you help me mod lost.prophets kernel?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
28th August 2012, 11:10 AM |#27  
vido.ardes's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Kent, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,623
 
Donate to Me
More
I am looking for a patch that works with ICS, as soon as I find it, I will add it. Please be patient, I am trying!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vido.ardes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 11:55 AM |#28  
JerryBYong's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0st.prophet

I am looking for a patch that works with ICS, as soon as I find it, I will add it. Please be patient, I am trying!

Ok thanks! Good work with the kernel

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
29th August 2012, 11:08 AM |#29  
itandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,143
 
More
Just found a possible kernel mod of forced fast charge for kernel 3. It's found in Github of yank555-lu.

He's committed several changes for "USB forced fast charge" for his ICS kernel for Sensation 4G/LE. May spend some hours this weekend for the mod. Perhaps someone else can do this faster than me?

https://github.com/yank555-lu/msm866...mits/mainline/
29th August 2012, 07:09 PM |#30  
vido.ardes's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Kent, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,623
 
Donate to Me
More
The problem with all the patches I can find is they are all done on htc_battery_8x60.c which isn't present in our source. We have a htc_battery.c, but they are very differant files, and I can't see where it needs adding at the moment. I hope to have a better look later.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes