5,597,542 Members 31,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile data not working on CyanogenMod 9 [4.0.4 tytung HWA R3.4] [SD/MAG]

Tip us?

Icemao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile data not working on CyanogenMod 9 [4.0.4 tytung HWA R3.4] [SD/MAG]

Hello,

I installed this rom (22.8.2012 update) and I like it so much. It's fast, stable and everything is working fine except the data network. I tried to re-install the rom many times and to set APN by default and manually but mobile data network doesn't work. it works without problems using the same sim card and the same APN on windows 6.5. Can anyone help me?

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 724
Not sure why it wouldn't work, taking into account that you said you set the APN manually.

Are you sure you are "selecting" the apn after setting it up?
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

nexus⁴: Stock 4.4 rooted & xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shanman-2
Old
(Last edited by shanman-2; 29th August 2012 at 01:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147
.wrong thread
Sorry..
Device:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190
Rom: Stock Android 4.1.2- Rooted
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.0

It;s nice to be nice

Icemao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@ Marvlesz - thank you for your answer. I selected the apn after setting up but data network isn't working the same. I did many clear installations of the rom. I'm very sorry because I like this build so much and I hate to have to change it for this problem.

@ Shanman-2- I'm sorry for the wrong thread but I'm a junior member and I can post only on "Q&A and General". I'm new here so please tell where and how I should post

shanman-2
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemao View Post
@ Marvlesz - thank you for your answer. I selected the apn after setting up but data network isn't working the same. I did many clear installations of the rom. I'm very sorry because I like this build so much and I hate to have to change it for this problem.

@ Shanman-2- I'm sorry for the wrong thread but I'm a junior member and I can post only on "Q&A and General". I'm new here so please tell where and how I should post
Not what I meant. It was me who posted in the wrong thread...lol

Sent from the pub...
Device:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190
Rom: Stock Android 4.1.2- Rooted
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.0

It;s nice to be nice

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 724
Quote:
Okay, first, make sure that the apn settings are correct (you don't know when there is a typo )

Second of all, after flashing the ROM, have you flashed any other zips? (like changed Kernel, installed a mod or a theme?)
One of these may break your data.

Also, try switching airplane mode on and then back off, then try connecting again.

Have you had this issue with other builds?

This is the first time I face such an issue, maybe posting it in the ROM's thread will help?

Icemao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz View Post
Okay, first, make sure that the apn settings are correct (you don't know when there is a typo )

Second of all, after flashing the ROM, have you flashed any other zips? (like changed Kernel, installed a mod or a theme?)
One of these may break your data.

Also, try switching airplane mode on and then back off, then try connecting again.

Have you had this issue with other builds?

This is the first time I face such an issue, maybe posting it in the ROM's thread will help?
I haven't flashed other zips or made any change to the ROM. I tried to switch to airplane mode and then to back off. I tried to switch on and off 2G/3G and data connection toggles . But nothing has changed. Yesterday I tried another build and data connection is working good using the same APN so I think that the ROM needs to be fixed but I can't post it in the ROM's thread because as a junior member I'm not allowed to do that.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 724
Quote:
I haven't flashed other zips or made any change to the ROM. I tried to switch to airplane mode and then to back off. I tried to switch on and off 2G/3G and data connection toggles . But nothing has changed. Yesterday I tried another build and data connection is working good using the same APN so I think that the ROM needs to be fixed but I can't post it in the ROM's thread because as a junior member I'm not allowed to do that.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions
Can you give me a link for that rom you are trying to get data connection on?

Icemao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz View Post
Can you give me a link for that rom you are trying to get data connection on?
I can't post outside link. This is the link to the page of the thread where you can find the link to the rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681906