5,599,478 Members 38,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Inspire 4G - rooting help please!

Tip us?

blydude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
The phone was shipped with Froyo, and I just restored it back to that.

I had ICS 4.0.3 flashed, but the unlock was not compatible with it and I got a nice little message from AT&T about that. They haven't started charging me yet, but I would like to do something about it before they do.

So can ICS be unlocked at all? Or what is the most recent firmware that can be unlocked?

marsdta
Old
Thanks Meter 455

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blydude View Post

I had ICS 4.0.3 flashed, but the unlock was not compatible with it and I got a nice little message from AT&T about that. They haven't started charging me yet, but I would like to do something about it before they do.
Don't understand what you mean here. How is an unlock uncompatible ?Charging you for what exactly?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

blydude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I got a text from ATT this morning saying "Congratulations on your 4G smartphone! 4G data and message rates may apply." I checked online and it was still on my 200 MB iPhone plan, so hopefully it stays that way. My bad, just wanted to make sure it was unlocked.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

marsdta
Old
Thanks Meter 455

DONATE TO ME
Not sure why you would want to unlock an att phone to use on att.people unlock it to use on other carriers like say T-Mobile.

As to the text,since the inspire is an att phone they will recognize it and will change your data plan accordingly. There really isn't a way around that. I don't remember their being a 200mb iPhone plan but its been a while. But it might be as easy as giving them a call and switching it over and keeping the same plane just named differently.

Wulamoc
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by blydude View Post
I got a text from ATT this morning saying "Congratulations on your 4G smartphone! 4G data and message rates may apply." I checked online and it was still on my 200 MB iPhone plan, so hopefully it stays that way. My bad, just wanted to make sure it was unlocked.

Welcome to someone who has ATT and is just recalling his experience with it:
1) You can change your data plan up till the end of the billing cycle for that SAME cycle.
2) 200mb is the minimum data plan and you have to (in theory) be on a data plan to have a smartphone on their network.

Moving on to non-ATT stuff
3) You may want to do a little bit of reading and understand the difference between root and unlock.
4) I'll be nice and link a thread with that insight: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1076720
5) ... >.<

blydude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I got it working with my 200MB data plan and running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Thanks for all the help!

F2504x4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdta View Post

Just wanted to say thank you for your Ace Hack Kit, very easy to do if you read it several times like your instructed to do...

Once again thank you for your work, a donation will be for coming once i get some extra fund....

Newly Acquired M/S Surface RT
HTC ONE Stealth Black AT&T
HTC Inspire/stock semi-retired
Acer Iconia A500 Tab
Retired/Rhodium Touch Pro AKA the Tilt 2 w/
Rom kwbr Rhodium version 1.1 Just Simply - Fast
DDT ULTIMATE V2 Weather
SPB Mobile Shell 3.5
semi retired ATT Tilt II/w
abusalza's PDACorner's
Ultimate-X2.V11 -23017 Rom
Resting peacefully 8525
Dell Axim x51v doing duty as
a Full time GPS w/ IGuidance software

sicario9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default inspire4g

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86 View Post
General premise is that you'll need to S-OFF (remove HTC NAND security), then root.

Removing the NAND is usually handled by an XTC Clip (hardware) or Revolutionary (software) method. Some others do exist, just look for the 'S-OFF' thread in the Inspire section to get you started.

Once that's complete, use either the rootkit mentioned above, or something like SuperOneClick to obtain actual root.

Good luck!
I want to root my inspire 4g and i dont find anything hetr or in youtube. I need a program to root that att1 treath is close,i nees help plz take me to the rigth place to root my phone.

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicario9 View Post
I want to root my inspire 4g and i dont find anything hetr or in youtube. I need a program to root that att1 treath is close,i nees help plz take me to the rigth place to root my phone.
Use the guide in my signature...it points you to attn1's site.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator