5,598,171 Members 44,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Dec-4 MeanROM ICS v6.5 | 2.13.651.1 | Mods | Batt saver | OC 1.7 Ghz

Tip us?

gianmarco00
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Just curious, I've dirty flashed to the 3.5 and it's working nicely.

A couple things:

1) I've got the battery icon at the top working fine. I thought it wasn't up yet
2) My Quadrant score is actually down a little to 5200 (was 5600 with 3.4 and 1.89 overclock). Not sure what to make of that.
3) I remapped the "recept apps" button to menu but I'm still getting the 3 dot menu. It sounds like some of you have been able to have that go away. Is there something else I should be doing?

jalmex
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Info 2 New base & unable to boot?

If you are unable to boot with the new base, it is likely due to your phone being S-ON (regardless of HBOOT version, as long as you are unlocked) and unable to flash the kernel via recovery. This is easily resolved with a few additional steps:
  1. Download and set up fastboot (under the Access bootloader section). Keep the phone on the bootloader screen throughout this process.
  2. On your computer, extract the boot.img file from the root of the MeanROM zip, copy to the fastboot folder from the above step.
  3. In a command prompt, navigate to the fastboot folder and use the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img

You should now have a phone that boots properly. Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jalmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kusanagi-sama
Old
Thanks Meter 124
OK, YouTube only works on WiFi, and can't update profile/pro. Gives me a 101x error (1015 I believe)

Phone: HTC One X+ - Unlocked AT&T on Straight Talk
ROM: rooted stock
Bootloader: HTC-DEV Unlocked/S-On
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
HBOOT:
Radio:
Kernel:

Kilokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1001
...so where as I don't agree with hammering people that are experiencing issues because they didn't see all of the information that describes what's being released in a new version I will agree that it is very important for everyone, even seasoned veterans to always take the necessary precautions and make yourself aware all the details to avoid problems. With that being said, we all probably have extremely busy lives and only have a limited amount of time to react when one of Mikey's masterpieces are released. Flashing ROM's from person to person varies...some dirty flash some do full wipes and when your skimming through literally thouououousands of posts and see someone post a score like this.. or this...... It can be very tempting to just fly into a flashaholic frenzy and getter' done. Most importantly though XDA is a community of dev's, themer's, end user's... you name it. We should all be willing to help each other reach a common goal...troubleshoot and develop for the future. It would be so awesome if we could always achieve this in a positive fashion ... Just saying ....

Sent from my EvOLTE via Xparent ICS TapaTalk!

Hit my THANKS button if I've helped you today.
Follow me on Twitter @M_DeTaranto
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kilokk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PedroDaGr8
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalmex View Post
If you are unable to boot with the new base, it is likely due to your phone being S-ON (regardless of HBOOT version, as long as you are unlocked) and unable to flash the kernel via recovery. This is easily resolved with a few additional steps:
  1. Download and set up fastboot (under the Access bootloader section). Keep the phone on the bootloader screen throughout this process.
  2. On your computer, extract the boot.img file from the root of the MeanROM zip, copy to the fastboot folder from the above step.
  3. In a command prompt, navigate to the fastboot folder and use the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img

You should now have a phone that boots properly. Enjoy!
Thanks mate! I knew there was likely an easy solution to this with the way some of the OG members were bitching about n00bs but for the life of me I couldn't find it. Going to try that now.
The Following User Says Thank You to PedroDaGr8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gianmarco00
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonanno231 View Post
I've got the new version modded already.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?t=14276

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks as I had been looking for something like this and hadn't found anything.

bog3nator
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmarco00 View Post
Just curious, I've dirty flashed to the 3.5 and it's working nicely.

A couple things:

1) I've got the battery icon at the top working fine. I thought it wasn't up yet
2) My Quadrant score is actually down a little to 5200 (was 5600 with 3.4 and 1.89 overclock). Not sure what to make of that.
3) I remapped the "recept apps" button to menu but I'm still getting the 3 dot menu. It sounds like some of you have been able to have that go away. Is there something else I should be doing?
its possible that your score could go up a bit if you fresh installed, but if everything is running smooth and working like you want then i wouldnt worry about it...the recent apps menu, did you use the new HTC method (settings/ display, buttons, and (something else i cannot remember lol))..or did you flash something to remap it?
please just hit "thanks" if i helped..that's all i asked

gianmarco00
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
its possible that your score could go up a bit if you fresh installed, but if everything is running smooth and working like you want then i wouldnt worry about it...the recent apps menu, did you use the new HTC method (settings/ display, buttons, and (something else i cannot remember lol))..or did you flash something to remap it?
Not quite as "snappy" but still very smooth. I was just curious.

As for the other, I used the HTC method by going into settings/display/buttons and choosing the 2nd option. I did not flash anything to remap it.

Dakidd516
Old
(Last edited by Dakidd516; 31st August 2012 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Heeeeeellllllpppppp I did a dirty flash from 3.4 to 3.5 and updated only my radios then flashed oc 1.78 phone wouldn't boot so I flashed 3.4 then 3.5 now I get this all day long

Kilokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakidd516 View Post
Heeeeeellllllpppppp I did a dirty flash from 3.4 to 3.5 and updated only my radios then flashed oc 1.78 phone wouldn't boot so I flashed 3.4 now I get this all day long

Your image is broken...try again.

Tags
meanrom, pwnage