Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THE]TF3D Icons $portrait & landscape$ (Fire icons & updated instructions!)

Tip us?

ohbreeeezy
Old
(Last edited by ohbreeeezy; 30th December 2008 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
nice nice xD

bboyneko
Old
(Last edited by bboyneko; 30th December 2008 at 09:14 AM.) Reason: added additional details
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbhocky19 View Post
so did other people have problems with only the internet and tasks changing?
all my other icons are the same and i copied the 9 files over
any ideas?
yup same exact problem with me and I was sure to follow all instructions. Also i was unable to delete the manila files as instructed to restore default using total commander..said could not delete file. I was sure to disable touchflo 3d first.

edit - I was finally able to delete the manila files by copying empty files (text documents with no data with same name) into /windows overwriting the existing manila files, then deleting those and soft reseting. That restored my landscape icons to default.

I then tried once again, disabled touchflo, copied the manila files into /windows as instructed, re-enabled touchflo, and still only the web search and tasks icons changed. The rest stayed the same. (using blue and white theme)

I then tried again this time using blue and red theme using same steps described above. Same results, only web search and task icons changed.

I then tried a third time using the reset default theme option, same results.

I then gave up and restored all my landscape icons. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

one other detail, even though the other icons remained the same the highlight color of all the icons changed according to the theme. Red border around default icon for example.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro

my rom version:1.03.651.4, build date 11/11/08

Touchflo 3d version says: 3.0 build 29946

My thinking is this does not work because sprint manila uses different manila files:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12

Giannis86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
that could explain a lot of things actually..
as about deleting manila files it can be done with total commander on my normal touch pro...did you try diamond tf3d config? that can be used to restore the original theme too..im not sure how it works on the sprint version though

@bojangalz
this is not normal but seeing the problems with the sprint touch pro, i would assume that the altel touch pro might also use some difference files and/or settings that may cause this behaviour..

for windows themes you can try ThemeGenCE..this software allows you to tweak many colour settings.

Background image:
TF3D-->Scroll to settings-->Wallpaper-->(would you like to use the default wallpaper? "No" then search for your picture and select it..thats it basically

TF3D config will also restore the slider

Dont worry, everyone is a beginner at some point..wasn't too long ago that i had no clue about windows mobiles

@niterdr
i can but i'll do so when i have enough time

Brenn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Couldn't you use manila editor to figure out which files are the sprint files and then rename the non-working icon files to the sprint file name.. that should put your icons in without having to actually edit the sprint file..

bboyneko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenn View Post
Couldn't you use manila editor to figure out which files are the sprint files and then rename the non-working icon files to the sprint file name.. that should put your icons in without having to actually edit the sprint file..
i tried running that app, wont run gives me an error

Sandhu101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im new to this so can you guys help me...

How would I put this on my HTC Touch Pro?!??

When i download the T3FD thing on it... it will download but it wont open after. it says something about an error.

can someone please help me with this......

drjim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Blue Volume question

I downloaded your Blue Volume zip to my Fuze. I unzipped it to my My Docs and then tried to copy it over to Windows as you instructed. Should I copy over the folder or just the HTC Volume Control file within the folder? I tried just the file, but there is already an HTC Volume Control file in Windows directory and it wouldn't let me overwrite.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Giannis86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@brenn
im not sure if renaming would do the trick..but you could try it..and if it doesnt work you can just delete the file and let the ROM restore the original one

@sandhu
the first page containts detailed instructions

@drjim
only the file needs to be copied. you need to do it with Total commander though or any other program that allows you to overwrite system files (standard explorer wont do it)

drjim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default @drim

Sweet! Many thanks.

Giannis86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
in case you are not familiar with total commader check this post,,i posted a few screenshots which show how you should go about with moving the files

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=62