FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

Samsung Ativ-S WP8 is Official

1,177 posts
Thanks Meter: 133
 
By Dr.8820, Senior Member on 29th August 2012, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st August 2012, 12:18 PM |#11  
svknet's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Phone
Any idea if Ativ-S would have micro-sim or normal sim. I am sure Nokia would have micro-sim like its current Lumia range, and hence I bought Samsung Omnia W
 
 
31st August 2012, 02:21 PM |#12  
vetvito's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
^most likely micro Sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesho Arc

Nokia will respond to Sam's Ativ S next week, we will see next week who's the best.

It will be a larger Lumia device with the same internals as the Samsung device.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
1st September 2012, 12:42 AM |#13  
tboy2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 237
 
More
I love the look of the phone but HATE the windows button styling. I think it is the silver border around it. It just spoils it and sticks out like a sore thumb. I am not against a hardware button, just the look of this particular one.
1st September 2012, 05:50 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
That brushed Aluminum is plastic.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
1st September 2012, 05:59 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sholokov

That brushed Aluminum is plastic.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

it's not. it's a very thin but very strong sheet of metal that is very flexible. the outer layer is metal. the inside layer is plastic.
1st September 2012, 02:14 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersquad

it's not. it's a very thin but very strong sheet of metal that is very flexible. the outer layer is metal. the inside layer is plastic.

Have you some source for that ?
1st September 2012, 03:23 PM |#17  
narta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kardhitsa
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersquad

it's not. it's a very thin but very strong sheet of metal that is very flexible. the outer layer is metal. the inside layer is plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDReaper

Have you some source for that ?

Sorry guys but, it's plastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Cv2TPSNRM

Samsung you are a cheap SOB

Nokia what's up?
1st September 2012, 04:55 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narta

Sorry guys but, it's plastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Cv2TPSNRM

Samsung you are a cheap SOB

Nokia what's up?

i wouldn't be so sure of that

you have the windows phone official blog on one side wich had all the time they need to test the phone and said that the phone is made of brushed alluminium
on the other side you have a wierd russian blog wich had no time to test the phone and quicly say that it's plastic.

I will wait for more information to make a conclusion.
1st September 2012, 07:56 PM |#19  
tboy2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 237
 
More
Actually isn't it supposed to be better if it is plastic? Metal will affect the antenna and signal surely. Why else would the back of some tablets have a plastic section for the antenna area. I would prefer better reception over style.
The Following User Says Thank You to tboy2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2012, 11:28 AM |#20  
narta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kardhitsa
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDReaper

i wouldn't be so sure of that

you have the windows phone official blog on one side wich had all the time they need to test the phone and said that the phone is made of brushed alluminium
on the other side you have a wierd russian blog wich had no time to test the phone and quicly say that it's plastic.

I will wait for more information to make a conclusion.

If you look closely the official windows phone blog said that it has an aluminum CHASSIS not backdoor.

there's yet another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Sc5IDdFjI and if you look at 2:00 it bends the backcover way too much for it to be aluminum and not retain that bend

Probably it's a plastic backcover with an aluminum film on top

It's still a premium device, but I 'm just having second thoughts about being my first choice until I see Nokia and HTC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes