Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help! Stuck at HTC screen no matter what I do!

Tip us?

blh2012
Old
(Last edited by blh2012; 2nd September 2012 at 01:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Please help! Stuck at HTC screen no matter what I do!

Ok so I flashed over to Myn's Warm twopointthree Rom (absolutely my favorite ROM). I decided I wanted to try a certain kernel with it, so I flashed over that kernel. Upon reboot, I was stuck on the HTC screen. No biggie, guess the kernel wasn't compatible with the ROM. So I went back into recovery, did a dalvik/cache wipe and went ahead and did another factory reset just to be safe. Upon reboot again I was faced with only the white HTC screen. So I flashed SOS rom instead. Again, white HTC screen. Tried another rom, same screen.

Why is my phone no longer working? I don't see real reason this could have happened, I flash roms all the time and have never had an issue like this where no rom will boot.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know what alternative kernels are compatible with Myn's Warm twopointthree rom? The 'alternative kernels' link in the rom's thread is dead. I'd like one that supports dual core and maybe overclocking. The rom is supposed to support dual core but I've never seen it actually do it so i don't think it actually does.

blh2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Tried flashing 3 different roms, still no luck!

blh2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
please, anybody????

blh2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
It looks like I'll just have to buy a new phone unfortunately. Thanks though, guys.

ZWYATT
Old
(Last edited by ZWYATT; 2nd September 2012 at 04:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
My first guess would be your hboot version.

I have never heard of the Rom you speak of, but 2.89 based kernels usually require 1.58 hboot.

sudo passwd root

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Just looked it up. Myn's is GB Rom last updated in 2011 lol.

If you are s-off, just use 4ext recovery and wipe everything except battery stats and sd card, then reinstall Rom.

If s-on, you will have to flash boot.IMG via fastboot.

sudo passwd root