CM10 Project General Thread

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Pio ...your builds rock. I'm gonna stick with this newest build cuz the tablet UI is kinda awesome. If it's not too much trouble, could you add Theme Chooser to a future build or can I just use TB to install it myself? I'm wary of installing system apps from previous ROMs. Thanks again, brotha.

Sent from Acer Iconia A100 with CM-X using XDA Premium

And there it is. The only thing I asked was my builds not be in waydownsouth's cm10 threads. That was all. While I appreciate what you are saying, mine are as unofficial as it gets and should be kept very separate from WDS' work. Guess I go back to keeping the builds private.

Edit: Builds are gone, please don't spread them around anymore.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theonew

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
And there it is. The only thing I asked was my builds not be in waydownsouth's cm10 threads. That was all. While I appreciate what you are saying, mine are as unofficial as it gets and should be kept very separate from WDS' work. Guess I go back to keeping the builds private.

Edit: Builds are gone, please don't spread them around anymore.

*Sigh* Noobs :rolleyes:. Do people read "README''s anymore? Thanks for trying though pio :highfive:.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
*Sigh* Noobs :rolleyes:. Do people read "README''s anymore? Thanks for trying though pio :highfive:.

Its alright, I shouldn't have been making these available anyways it was just easier to get feedback on my work that way, I'll just go back to doing it before with specific testers. The last one was deviating from CM source so it really has no place here at all.

Back On Topic. This thread is for waydownsouth's builds only. Not mine or anyone else's. This includes only the kernel packed with it as well as the build.prop and everything else. If there's any deviations from how it came, it doesn't belong in this or the dev thread.

@waydownsouth my apologies for letting this stuff out and getting the project off track.

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
Its alright, I shouldn't have been making these available anyways it was just easier to get feedback on my work that way, I'll just go back to doing it before with specific testers. The last one was deviating from CM source so it really has no place here at all.

Back On Topic. This thread is for waydownsouth's builds only. Not mine or anyone else's. This includes only the kernel packed with it as well as the build.prop and everything else. If there's any deviations from how it came, it doesn't belong in this or the dev thread.

@waydownsouth my apologies for letting this stuff out and getting the project off track.

The confusion stems from this thread being created by you and you building your own roms, if the OP was by WDS then this wouldn't happen as much, but thanks for all of your hard work and great builds pio.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Jacobxtyler

Oct 12, 2011
rotation 20120830 build

For whatever reason I can't get screen rotation to work like it was in the last build I used. The auto rotate option in the launcher settings is checked but in the display settings its unchecked and grayed out. Any ideas?

*edit* so I figured out you have to check it under the accessibility options, but I'm still not getting lock screen rotation.

Last edited:

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
I just flashed latest build, 20120902. It is now running tablet mode. Wds and pio, you guys are awesome!!

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

T

thewilfulforce

Noob question. I run the 27/8 build. Can I flash the 1/9 build and forgo the 30/8 one?

Sent by me.

Last edited:

plaseo

Mar 2, 2011
Yes you can flash. The builds are standalone ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

T

thewilfulforce

Not demanding. The wallpapers are out of proportion on the new tablet UI and the lock screen only works on landscape mode. Otherwise, the tablet UI rocks. Still, thanks for sacrificing your time for us A100 users.

Sent by me.

plaseo

Mar 2, 2011
I'm digging the jellybean tablet UI. Runs a treat so far but havent tested everything.

rldstover48

Aug 22, 2011
New Castle
with the latest cm10 build is using the godmachine kernel v1.1 still ok to use its been about a month since my last update, my busy season yard work for mom havent been able to keep up with my hobby reading posts so sorry if i missed it. or in wrong thread pio o and the same gapps-jb-713

thanks

QuiQuos

Aug 19, 2007
I just flashed last rom 20120902, and all my widgets or icons in the screen are to the left in portrait view, and in landscape view, the icons go out of the screen at the bottom. Didn't test other things yet...

plaseo

Mar 2, 2011
I just flashed last rom 20120902, and all my widgets or icons in the screen are to the left in portrait view, and in landscape view, the icons go out of the screen at the bottom. Didn't test other things yet...

Maybe try apex launcher? That's what I use.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
with the latest cm10 build is using the godmachine kernel v1.1 still ok to use its been about a month since my last update, my busy season yard work for mom havent been able to keep up with my hobby reading posts so sorry if i missed it. or in wrong thread pio o and the same gapps-jb-713

thanks

Thats the same gapps I still use and it works fine.

The kernel question belongs in the kernel thread, though. Its un supported by cm. But just to answer it, that kernel is on 1.6 I think now, and works with cm10 to date.

Reactions: rldstover48

rldstover48

Aug 22, 2011
New Castle
Thanks and apologies I'll try to remember and get this all straight some day, its just with my phone and other tab everything was always discussed so I'm trying honest lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the thread for us A100 owners to have a general Q&A, chatter, thanks, non specific bug reports, or anything else you feel like posting related to the A100 CM10 builds by waydownsouth.

You can find his preview build thread here

Use this gapps for now.

Please keep his Dev thread clean of the usual thanks, you rock, take my wife please, shut up and take my money pictures, etc, and post them here. Please keep the Dev thread clean and Dev related only.

Specific backed up suggestions for fixes, logs, and other development related posting can be directed to his release thread in the dev forum.
    is there anyway we can have official CM support?
    who would we contact because this device has lots of potential and deserves official CM nightlies :)
    yes,
    me,
    once the 501 & 101 devices are functional I'll be pushing to get the nightlies rolling.
    You know we are interested!!
    It would be cool to see an updated source cm10.
    Jjjjuuuuuussssssss saying...lol. :D

Sent via G2x on temasek b135.2 w/ Trinity TD1.58 kernel (testing)

Alright I'll build an updated cm10 then, its third in line though. Tomorrow maybe or the day after. It'll be in the usual place when its done.

I had begun to work on a surprise but fell behind and never finished it, I can see about shooting that out too if I could get a tester or two for it.

Tapatalked from my Nexus 7 - Kuroikaze AOSP
    Some general information

Bugs
    The first thing you may notice, the boot animation will blank out, just a black screen for a bit halfway through the CM9 animation. Don't freak out, it isn't wrecked. It only occurs on boot animations that have 2 stages, it blanks when the loop kicks in. If this bothers you, replace the boot animation with either one that is always a loop, or doesn't have a second stage, so animation, then stops.

The stock launcher is always landscape, I'm not sure why this is, the rest of the system will work either in portrait or landscape. 2 ways around this, first is use something like Apex launcher or Nova launcher (or any launcher really) OR force Tablet UI, see the FAQ for information on this. This isn't really a bug, its just confusion caused by Google adding a 3rd UI, and our screens mess it up.

There is two gallery apps and two camera apps, one gallery is normal, the other is the 3D version, I'm not clear on why there is 2 camera apps, it may be from the GApps. It'll eventually calm down, and if it annoys you, you can uninstall through TiBu or whatever app you choose, or manually renaming, removing or deleting the apk in /system/app.

FAQ
    Yup, I already have some questions about this, so here's some answered here.

Q: Should I do a full wipe before flashing this?
    A: It's always recommended to do a full wipe moving from one base to another, or upgrading from one version to the next. IE, CM9 to CM10. You can always feel free to flash anyways and see how it goes, but if you have problems, you'll know why.

Q: What can I restore?
    A: As usual, you can restore whatever apps you wish, however I suggest not restoring System apps (red in TiBu) or their data. User apps and data (green in TiBu) are generally safe. Restore in steps, a few at a time, and check for any issues, reboot, then try some more. This is the careful route, of course. Issues from User apps and data are pretty rare unless the app is outdated and doesn't work with Jellybean.

Q: What works and what doesn't?
    A: Please view the Dev thread for this information, it will be more current and up to date. The link is in the first post of this thread.

Q: I hate this new 7" Jellybean UI, how do I get the combined bar back ("Tablet UI")?
    A: Setting density to 130 or lower will force the normal Tablet UI back to ICS style. This of course comes at the cost of some apps not working, play store issues, and everything being smaller on the screen. Up to you if it's worth it in the end.

Q: Why is there still the CM9 Boot Animation? Isn't this CM10?
    A: Yes, it's CM10, however CM hasn't included a new boot animation for it, even CM9 went for awhile before one was introduced, and it was later changed to the current version. It'll happen in time as ideas are tossed about and the new animation is voted in, then gets merged for the appropriate device types and resolutions.

Q: If this is just a preview, when will we see an Alpha, Beta, or RC?
    A: Don't ask. waydownsouth is only 1 man, and he can only do so much on his own. As the device tree gets cleaned up and the rest of the Iconia-Dev guys can get to cracking, it'll move along quickly. Until then, sit tight, and don't ask for an ETA. Or, just take this as your ETA "It'll be done when it's done."

Q: I use the Crossix Mount Swap script and now everything is broken, what gives?
    A: The Crossix Mount Swap was intended for HC then ICS, it hasn't been updated for JB yet. Please stop using it. If you use it, please stop reporting storage issues as bugs, its not the ROM, its the script. If you choose to use it, consider your CM10 warranty void.

Q: Does the EzT20 Kernel work in CM10?
    A: Reports say yes, it does, however WDS changed the audio hal from nVidia's to something far better (notice CM9/CM10 doesn't pop like stock based ROMs? Thank him for that) and the EzT20 kernel still uses the nVidia audio system. While it appears to not cause any outright issues, I would not suggest using it. If you choose to use it (your choice of course, have fun and experiment) please don't report any bugs AT ALL. Consider your CM10 warranty void.

Q: WTF did my overclock go?
    A: Overclocking was removed in the later builds (preview builds) for stability. Bug reports coming in due to overclocking and running a destabilized ROM are hard to track, and are generally not a real bug, just system instability due to overclocking or undervolting. If you just HAVE to have your overclocking, see the Q above.

Q: Will this work on my A101?
    A: It will if you don't mind losing 3G. The modem hasn't been integrated yet by waydownsouth, and while I'm sure he'll get it going, he hasn't yet. If you want to play around with CM10, just make a nandroid backup, wipe, flash CM10, play with it, then go back to recovery, full wipe, restore the backup, then resume normal usage with 3G.

Q: Where is the device tree?
    A: Right now WDS is keeping it private, no one has access to it, and he'll make it public when he feels it's ready to be available to everyone, please be patient and respect his wishes on this.

Q: Does linux society's kernel work with this?
    A: Yes, it does, however if you have issues please don't report in the CM10 threads, but his kernel thread, if you wish to report an issue please use the stock kernel first.

I'll keep adding things as I come across them in this or other threads (even other forums if I happen across them) and PMs I receive.

Last updated FAQ 8.17.12
    Proof of concept: the basis of my idea for a native tablet ui is correct, no density modding required.

46a2cf0a-c433-1679.jpg

Edit don't mind the signature lol its restored data. This is in CM10.
    Tapatalked from my A100 - Jellytime X AOSP