XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transferring movies and videos?

Tip us?

Broadley1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Transferring movies and videos?

Hey guys this is probably a simple question but I can't figure it out. I have an old iTunes acct and want to dump it but I want to transfer all my movies, music and vids first. Now I transfer some videos just fine but some won't transfer, and my movies won't transfer at all? So what do I got to do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Zerg The Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1 View Post
Hey guys this is probably a simple question but I can't figure it out. I have an old iTunes acct and want to dump it but I want to transfer all my movies, music and vids first. Now I transfer some videos just fine but some won't transfer, and my movies won't transfer at all? So what do I got to do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
I know that all iTunes movies are protected by DRM and can't be natively played on non-Apple devices/software. Their music was protected, but they stopped doing that a few years ago, so you might have a mixed bag there. I still use iTunes for the AirTunes remote speakers, so I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure there are some ways around this somewhere on the web.

As for your other videos, I'm guessing those were videos you got from other means than iTunes. I'm thinking that they are in a format your device/software doesn't support. You could look into other players to add that support.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zerg The Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]