Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is difference One X-One X orig.android Dev.thread

OP Gunman84

3rd September 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Љубљана
Thanks Meter: 149

373 posts
More
Why are there two threads for One X Android development, the one is called One X Android Development, and the other one is One X Original Android Development. Are there two versions of the same phone or what. I'm just asking because i don't want to make a mistake when I'm gonna flash it. Thanks to all for replying this.
3rd September 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 73

374 posts
More
The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayedamina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Љубљана

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayedamina

The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.

So there's no problem flashing booth versions of Roms
4th September 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 304

2,535 posts
More
Nope none at all. As long as you flash the ones in the Tegra 3 one x section and not the one xl ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4th September 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Љубљана

373 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164

Nope none at all. As long as you flash the ones in the Tegra 3 one x section and not the one xl ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i know that much, to see the difference between One X and One XL , thanks man for your reply
5th September 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 339

1,785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayedamina

err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort
5th September 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,024

3,729 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningarmor

err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort

Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.
5th September 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

867 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.

Yeah I agree - the titles, nor the description describes what each section is (and/or how it differs from the other). I would still end up having to go to both sections.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread