Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is difference One X-One X orig.android Dev.thread

Tip us?

Gunman84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Default What is difference One X-One X orig.android Dev.thread

Why are there two threads for One X Android development, the one is called One X Android Development, and the other one is One X Original Android Development. Are there two versions of the same phone or what. I'm just asking because i don't want to make a mistake when I'm gonna flash it. Thanks to all for replying this.
Current Device: HTC One M7 4.4.2 with Sense 6 & HTC One X - Android 4.4.2 . Next device=HTC One M8

Jayedamina
Old
Thanks Meter 73
The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.
HTC Uno X Gray | ROM | ]RENOVATE 13.2.1 | JellyBean | 3.14.401.31 | Sense 4+ | Kernel: That Stock
]]HTC Droid DNA |
] ] ROM |[4.4.2] Sense 6.0 | NuSenseSIX | KitKat | 1.54.401.5 | DLX | CDMA-GSM-Global | V4A | Xposed | Sense6-Toolbox | RC5.0 |
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayedamina For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gunman84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayedamina View Post
The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.
So there's no problem flashing booth versions of Roms
Current Device: HTC One M7 4.4.2 with Sense 6 & HTC One X - Android 4.4.2 . Next device=HTC One M8

ste1164
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Nope none at all. As long as you flash the ones in the Tegra 3 one x section and not the one xl ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunman84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
Nope none at all. As long as you flash the ones in the Tegra 3 one x section and not the one xl ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well i know that much, to see the difference between One X and One XL , thanks man for your reply

shiningarmor
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayedamina View Post
err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort
Phones ..

DHD -> INCS -> SENSATION -> ONE X -> ONE [SOON...]
currently :
ARHD 19.4 + XM kernel #274 = pure awesomeness

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningarmor View Post
err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort
Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.

sh500
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.
Yeah I agree - the titles, nor the description describes what each section is (and/or how it differs from the other). I would still end up having to go to both sections.