[DEV] Android for Blue Angel (PXA Droid)

Search This thread

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
I am horrible...
With my internet connection I don't think I will be able to use git to upload the whole kernel :rolleyes:(I forgot this is 360MB, even after removing architectures)
I have compressed kernel 3.5 and uploaded it here. (it was uploading almost 2 hours...)
There is basic support for BlueAngel,(LCD&Backlight, W100, GPIO keys...) and I added your TSC 2200 patches.
I added my kernel config, but of course remember to change path for crosscompiler in config :)

For 2 days i have a new Internet connection (32000kbit) :p i will upload your kernel...
EDIT: this is a normal kernel, right? i have see it has no adb and wakelock feature !!
EDIT2: You have look for the DoC on adress 0x0 but the Chip is on 0x04000000 look here:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_DiskOnChip and i have test to boot but it stuck on the half process?!

Last edited:
Reactions: miki100 and Arteusx

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
For 2 days i have a new Internet connection (32000kbit) :p i will upload your kernel...
Oh, you are helpful... :good:
EDIT: this is a normal kernel, right? i have see it has no adb and wakelock feature !!
Yes, this is normal, "vanilla" kernel (except added BlueAngel and your patches). There is no adb or wakelock. But Kernel 3.5 supports autosleep, maybe that can be used as wakelock?
EDIT2: You have look for the DoC on adress 0x0 but the Chip is on 0x04000000 look here:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_DiskOnChip
I'm stupid and forgot to change that! :rolleyes:
and i have test to boot but it stuck on the half process?!
Did you get some output or errors?

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
What do you recognize ? :D

Attachments

• IMG_20120905_194115.jpg
    IMG_20120905_194115.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 78

fpopic

Nov 4, 2009
i thought SDHC,WPA2 are hardware problems but now i see the new truth.

i will buy 32GB for my old blue angel :D

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
I think we have with the Nand version no storage space problem anymore :D
and notime will help with the kernel 3.5 for adb and the other stuff for android!! :fingers-crossed:

Great work with the SDHC :good:
Do you know why it doesn't work with original bootloader?

I have made a patch for 3.5 for Android USB Gadgets (ADB, MTP...) you can find it here

Hope this works, because I did not test it (I don't know Android much, only Linux...)

Last edited:
Reactions: notime2d8 and d-two

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
d-two, you don't realize how many jumps I did in my chair when I saw SDHC support! Finally, I'll be able to use my 16GB SDHC card I bought for my Universal (which I no longer use, dead battery and little RAM) on the Blue Angel. Awesome work, and I wonder what else you may come up with.

The power of Linux is that it's much easier (at least IMO) to write drivers than in Windows Mobile. There are plenty of SDHC drivers for Linux, but few for WM. Have you written your own driver from scratch, did you use an existing one, or by using the new bootloader the SDHC problem was magically solved without the need for new drivers?

By the way, has the heat issue been solved? Last time I tried, the BA still went very hot when Android was running, I think it was because the wifi power was set too high, have you solved this already?

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
Great work with the SDHC :good:
Do you know why it doesn't work with original bootloader?

I have made a patch for 3.5 for Android USB Gadgets (ADB, MTP...) you can find it here

Hope this works, because I did not test it (I don't know Android much, only Linux...)

Thank you, but notime has create a 3.5 kernel with android features, the problem is not alone the adb more important is the wakelock feature that was need for touchscreen support in android!! I think you can use the android kernel for ubuntu too. The other big problem is the power supply, in 3.5 is the bq24022 regulator remove and the gpio regulator is not work for blueangel... :(

Reactions: Arteusx

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
d-two, you don't realize how many jumps I did in my chair when I saw SDHC support! Finally, I'll be able to use my 16GB SDHC card I bought for my Universal (which I no longer use, dead battery and little RAM) on the Blue Angel. Awesome work, and I wonder what else you may come up with.

The power of Linux is that it's much easier (at least IMO) to write drivers than in Windows Mobile. There are plenty of SDHC drivers for Linux, but few for WM. Have you written your own driver from scratch, did you use an existing one, or by using the new bootloader the SDHC problem was magically solved without the need for new drivers?

By the way, has the heat issue been solved? Last time I tried, the BA still went very hot when Android was running, I think it was because the wifi power was set too high, have you solved this already?

It looks that my bootloader resolve the problem, with WM is the SDHC didn't work.
I think I can the SDHC driver in Windows Mobile get to run too, but i can nothing promise.

Reactions: Arteusx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.6/2.3.7 CM7.2​

xda_3_black_3.png

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE​

Special Greetings to notime2d8 who let me have a look at his Universal Kernel and Filesystem ;)

And thanks to all who didn't want to help me and just said that it's not possible because of the age of the device

Kernel 2.6.34

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Sound (UDA1380)
    -Bluetooth (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Power Supply
    -Phone Support (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read support)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

ToDo
    -Intel Flash (add write support)
    -Optimize Wifi driver add WPA(2) support
    -Bootloader (port to lk)
    -Cleanup init.rc
    -Remove Battery workaround
    -Optimize OpenGL
    -Add W100 lib ?

Thanks for the Donation:
    -Swiss420 (Thanks for Logo too)
    -Atakan Yilmaz
    -Fiona Bennett
    -kuapao
    FAQ

Q: How do I get the Google Apps?
    A: LINK

Q: How I can help?
    A: LOOK HERE

Kernel 3.5+

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (not yet)
    -Sound (UDA1380) (not yet)
    -Bluetooth (not yet)
    -Phone Support (not yet)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read only)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -Power Supply with USB Charging
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator | LEDs)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

YouTube Channel

Yes, some news:
    I have fix ATI Suspend...
    I have fix SD Card detection...
    I have create a standby mode (standby time 36 hours)
    Fix PWM asic for bootloader version...
    Kernel support now Hima, Magician and Universal too...

and at the moment i work on the PXA-Bootloader (it can detect the different devices Himalaya, Blueangel, Magician and Universal)

Stuff that need to fix or add:
    Flash driver in Bootloader...
    PXA framebuffer in bootloader...
    Docg driver for Universal in bootloader...
    USB Support in Bootloader...

Fix SD card in Android...
    Fix route for mic (phone and record) in Android...

Improvements for performances...
    4GB SD by Platinum and Transcend both work with simple Install as well as Ubuntu on SX66...
    In the download area there's some Gingerbread entry created yesterday 20:35 but it's empty:confused:
    For this but it is not finish :D

PS: Sorry for the cut the battery was empty :(
    PPS: It's CyanogenMod :D
    Good News:

I have test a 32GB SDHC Card class10 and it work :laugh:
    This card:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007BJHEWK/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B007BJHEWK