Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wondering about new Jellybean Roms?

Tip us?

pussyliquor
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopoholic View Post
+1

I tried that until I realized how much I HATE touchwiz Vanilla for me from now on
Ditto. Touchwiz is garbage.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

knightblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakifa View Post
Where'd u read that? I doubt we'll see official JB until sometime next yr

Sent from my Galaxy Infested S3
Unless i'm mistaken(maybe it was for international?). It was on one of these threads in General after the Samsung conference, also a few other sites mentioning it. Again maybe it is just for the international version.

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...e-in-September
- 4.4 KitKat - Galaxy Note 3 - Jet Black
- Spigen Neo Hybrid - Dante Red
- Ringke Slim White from Rearth
- Diztronic Matte Black TPU
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4375441_2.gif

abenn26
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pussyliquor View Post
Just run tasks aokp and then use something like nova prime with a touchwiz Ui. You won't know the difference.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Sept for the lack of touchwiz things like smart alert, smart stay, direct call, tilt to zoom, pan to move/browse, shake to update, palm pause, etc. That is the reason that I like touchwiz. It's slightly more functional than vanil. You can put a launcher on touchwiz and look like AOS/KP with the functionality, you lose that functionality though if you go to AOSP and try to look like touchwiz

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Too bad the ROMS are full of bugs and do not work right most of the time. I'll wait for a stable update from Samsung.

deserthi
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8kbordin View Post
Too bad the ROMS are full of bugs and do not work right most of the time. I'll wait for a stable update from Samsung.
+1 Your right. I have tried both CM10 CM9 and paranoid roms and I feel they are just not trouble free prime time yet but the devs are doing a great job of it.

rcklss1
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shels View Post
Hey guys, I've used a couple of roms and am a fan of Euroskank, CM10 and AOKP, but I realize they still have no touchwiz. I was wondering with the official JB release being out for the international s3 and it seems to feature touchwiz as well were there no roms that featured the same(Jellybean and touchwiz)? Let me know guys thanks.
I've been using this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99UVDLH3 Leak) and it works just fine.. jellybean with touchwiz.. its a port from the T-Mobile 4.1 leak for our AT&T S3's.. just make sure you set up the APN as the dev shows.. and make sure you install the secmms.apk with root explorer or other file explorer and reboot..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Device: VERIZON M8