5,598,908 Members 30,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Remove the FPS limit on stock-ROMs

Tip us?

Loureiro
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Tried many times unsucessfull. Was with .35 kernel?

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Phone: Galaxy Nexus "Maguro"
Rom: 4.2
Kernel: 4.2
Recovery: TWRP

TTGWarheart
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loureiro View Post
Tried many times unsucessfull. Was with .35 kernel?

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Works with both .35 and 3.0.8

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using sms

techn0crat
Old
Thanks Meter 5
There has got to be another way to increase the FPS that doesn't involve potentially damaging the screen.

I used to have a Viewsonic, and one guy was able to tweak the framerate with

Quote:
13th January 2011, 08:28 PM
I have on my Folio found a way to tweak the nvrm_daemon, to increase the frame draw rate.. on folio its was limited to 51 frames (tested with app: fps2d) and this tweak increases it to 78 and it shows in the fps2d app too.

Just so everybody is clear on what this hack does.. its changing the framebuffer rate, NOT screen refreshrate.
see this (http://hometheater.about.com/od/tele...evsrefresh.htm) link if you are not sure what that means

testing this with NeoCore benchmark we hit 56 frames.. so im guessing Viewsonic Gtab also could benefit from it, but as i don't have one i cannot verify if the screen type works with this change..

Anyone with just a small linux knowledge and knows how to replace a binary, please verify this , and you might have another enhancement if it works.

download the attached zip and put the nvrm_daemon into the /system/bin and do a chmod 755 /system/bin/nvrm_daemon on the file too.. (remember /system need to be r/w)

reboot and test with "fps2d" from Market, and let me know if you gain 78 frames too ... (i hope so)

it should work on all custom roms, as im sure, you all use the same Gtab binaries for your hardware here..
So perhaps that has some application, here?

I would personally like to see a more universalized method of doing this-

As this is one of the things iPhuckers try to pretend it makes their devices better.

I don't have a huwawei, but as these phones are all linux-core, there's got to be one or two things that we can do to improve the fps.

3848ap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy a little help for newbie, please

im already stuck with this thing for a couple of days.
my gadget is huawei ideos x5 u8800

i could remove the limitation by using stock rom gingerbread b526(.35 kernel)
with this way http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1501943&page=4 the problem is, i want to use miui rom but i cant do this because on miui there is no init.qcom.post_boot.sh; even when i copy paste the file in /system/etc its still same

i tried to using elite x1 and miui-xj 2.3.30 and try to remove fps limitation with both stock kernel from miui rom or geno's. dont works, its say like the Attach pictures and after rebooting it does not happen anything, still get 42-45fps with neocore

then i tried to used http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...8800-Pro-to-55; i dont use the original file from this thread because i dont know the language. so i try to modify matteof93 's file and still same, it doesnt happen anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannn007 View Post
Check if your ROM has system/etc/enhanced.conf. You can turn off vsync here (change vsync=on to vsync=off. Genos ROMs have this but i am not sure about MIUI and stock ROMs...
i already use this way but its still same, even my vsync already off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSkeetS View Post
Working great here on MIUI!
thanks.
could you give me the steps to do that?

*is there a problem with my x5? or i just dont get the right way to remove the limitation? help please and sorry for my bad english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.20-21.07.35.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1017936   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120422_063933.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1017937  

goreatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tried on stock B528; much smoother
Thanks..

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by faekplastik3s View Post
Be warned, vsync is there for a reason, and disabling it will cause screen tearing.
On the other hand, VSync causes input lag, which is why this solution is around. You can easily notice the lagging, especially while playing games. Also, since "Screen Tearing" is not a consistent hardware problem, I believe it is worth to disable VSync to enjoy a smoother image experience.

lvblvb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to get FPS limit back

How to get FPS limit back on aurora 4.1 DZO? I need vsync on because screen tearing.