No registration required

AT&T's Windows Phones will be compatible with T-Mobile's HSPA+, LTE

OP illegaloperation

6th September 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #51  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
For all of you who are wondering if this will ever come to your windows phone, the short answer is no. According to T-mobile the 1800Mhz band is only for use by iphones, so unless you can make you Windows Phone device look like a iPhone on there network, you are out of luck. This was sad news when I heard it so I went to Straight Talk.
7th September 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #52  
Account currently disabled
Miami, FloriDuh
Thanks Meter: 82

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdreamz

For all of you who are wondering if this will ever come to your windows phone, the short answer is no. According to T-mobile the 1800Mhz band is only for use by iphones, so unless you can make you Windows Phone device look like a iPhone on there network, you are out of luck. This was sad news when I heard it so I went to Straight Talk.

They're not re-farming the 1800 band, it's the 1900 PCS band that's in play. I've already had HSPA showing on my AT&T WinMo phone in the Mickey Mouse area. Sadly, it hasn't reached Miami but I think it will be soon since the 1700 AWS band has been officially launched here for 4G LTE. Funny thing is, my TMo Straight Talk card has better speeds on EDGE than my wife's phone which is an AT&T ST card and she has 3G!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread