Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T's Windows Phones will be compatible with T-Mobile's HSPA+, LTE

Tip us?

flyingdreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
For all of you who are wondering if this will ever come to your windows phone, the short answer is no. According to T-mobile the 1800Mhz band is only for use by iphones, so unless you can make you Windows Phone device look like a iPhone on there network, you are out of luck. This was sad news when I heard it so I went to Straight Talk.
Flyingdreamz
Fellow Geek and Pilot
Nokia Lumia 820 Cyan Wireless Shell

Other Devices
Samsung Focus V1.3 running 7.10.8858.136 - Full unlock on Dynamics v2.0 (ceesheim)
Nokia 900 Cyan on Straight Talk- Stolen at Atlanta Airport
Samsung Focus Flash/Omnia W
Raspberry Pi B Model

fatclue
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdreamz View Post
For all of you who are wondering if this will ever come to your windows phone, the short answer is no. According to T-mobile the 1800Mhz band is only for use by iphones, so unless you can make you Windows Phone device look like a iPhone on there network, you are out of luck. This was sad news when I heard it so I went to Straight Talk.
They're not re-farming the 1800 band, it's the 1900 PCS band that's in play. I've already had HSPA showing on my AT&T WinMo phone in the Mickey Mouse area. Sadly, it hasn't reached Miami but I think it will be soon since the 1700 AWS band has been officially launched here for 4G LTE. Funny thing is, my TMo Straight Talk card has better speeds on EDGE than my wife's phone which is an AT&T ST card and she has 3G!