Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung tab GT-P1000

Search This thread

adhikariom

Aug 30, 2012
Dublin
I have successfully installed Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with CyanogenMod 10 on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000. But it has occurred errors while using rare camera and can not see the Storage option from settings. Even, I dont know how to play video files. if anybody knows to fix these problems, please let me know... Thanks !

gboniel

Jul 25, 2012
Are you using cm10 build 4 from get.cm? I'm using that one and I use angel camera for rear camera to work..

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

jeffrey_nicol

Aug 3, 2012
PH
I have successfully installed Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with CyanogenMod 10 on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000. But it has occurred errors while using rare camera and can not see the Storage option from settings. Even, I dont know how to play video files. if anybody knows to fix these problems, please let me know... Thanks !

hi.

rare camera still not working, Everybody have that issue but u can try installing 3rd party camera apps that might work for you..

for video files mine work well in MX video player. try installing that..

storage option meaning external sdcard or internal card.. or both.. it work both in humberos build with card patch.

try reading in the development thread. it will help u alot..

bye..jef

Last edited:

adhikariom

Aug 30, 2012
Dublin
Hi i have installed cm10 preview 20120829 and my sim (Galaxy Tab GT-P1000) does not work but video is working now and still having problem. Browser stop working some times. Please anyone help me. Should I go back to 2.3.6 (Overcome ROM).

hi.

rare camera still not working, Everybody have that issue but u can try installing 3rd party camera apps that might work for you..

for video files mine work well in MX video player. try installing that..

storage option meaning external sdcard or internal card.. or both.. it work both in humberos build with card patch.

try reading in the development thread. it will help u alot..

bye..jef

adhikariom

Aug 30, 2012
Dublin
Are you using cm10 build 4 from get.cm? I'm using that one and I use angel camera for rear camera to work..

Thank you for letting me about angel camera to use camera... rear camera is working now. I have installed cm10 preview1 20120829 and my sim (Galaxy Tab GT-P1000) does not work but video is working now and still having problem. Browser stop working some times. Please anyone help me. Should I go back to 2.3.6 (Overcome ROM).

gboniel

Jul 25, 2012
Thank you for letting me about angel camera to use camera... rear camera is working now. I have installed cm10 preview1 20120829 and my sim (Galaxy Tab GT-P1000) does not work but video is working now and still having problem. Browser stop working some times. Please anyone help me. Should I go back to 2.3.6 (Overcome ROM).

Hi, why don't you try CM9.1? It's a pretty solid build IMO, the rear camera works, just don't tap and hold to focus or it will crash. Regarding browser issue, try to use Maxthon or Dolphin browser, i personally use them.

GreNME

Nov 4, 2010
Is there some reason the keyboard is missing from this install? What is present on the system looks and feels great, but I can't get this thing on my wifi network or even log in to Google services without a keyboard.

Dec 23, 2010
Sapir CM10 KANG

Hey
I have just installed the SAPIR CM10 KANG nightly build dated 6th Sept.
As above the rear camera crashes and if you mess about with the keyboard settings from the pull down menu it crashes too.
Other than that, so far, it is very very good. I don't know about battery life yet.
I tried the CM 10 Unofficial erezak ROM dated 3rd Sept but it would only do voice input, no option for keyboard.
The SAPIR build with Apex Launcher is running very well.
It didn't rebuild my apps and data, I came from AOKP build 38 pre MTD.
When I initially installed the erezak ROM and it updated CWM it went into a bootloop. Hard reset. Boot into Recovery and start again sorted it out. It took two full wipes and installs to get over another endless boot situation. It was the same with the SAPIR build too.
All in all I'm very excited to have a JB device to play with. My i9300 is begging to be updated but I don't really want to install CM or a leaked build just yet....
Good luck!
Hamish
:D

gboniel

Jul 25, 2012
You should get the Sept 11 build of ezerak, camera is fully functional now, no crashes whatsoever... Regarding keyboard from pull down menu, never had any problem with it. I use SwiftKey 3, hacker keyboard, IDE keyboard.

Reactions: Yue_Iohikzu

betoz

Apr 18, 2012
Anyone know why this ROM use the IMEI as Serial number? And left IMEI empty? I thins this is why is not connecting to mobile network.

Reactions: alexpita

G0G0L

Mar 8, 2012
Kolkata
Anyone know why this ROM use the IMEI as Serial number? And left IMEI empty? I thins this is why is not connecting to mobile network.

Copy modem.bin to system/vendor using something like root explorer

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Camera is Superb in cm10

Reactions: CosmoDroid

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
There is a modem thread in dev forum.
A sticky on the top.
How could you miss it?

Reactions: yosup and kzkan

kubukoz

Jun 20, 2012
Zduńska Wola
Hello, i have a problem with 3g too... copied modem.bin but the baseband doesn't change after reboot...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Hello, i have a problem with 3g too... copied modem.bin but the baseband doesn't change after reboot...

Which ROM did you flash, the exact version, and where have you copied the modem.bin to?

brianmini

Jan 30, 2011
edinburgh

I had this problem, I spent hours trying to get a working modem.bin file, re-downloading ROMS and applying with no success, turns out my pay as you go tarrif for the month had ran out.... d'oh! 5 mins online topping up my account fixed it. Did I feel stupid, you bet I did.

So if your Pay and Go tarrif, go check, for piece of mind.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a modem thread in dev forum.
    A sticky on the top.
    How could you miss it?
    You should get the Sept 11 build of ezerak, camera is fully functional now, no crashes whatsoever... Regarding keyboard from pull down menu, never had any problem with it. I use SwiftKey 3, hacker keyboard, IDE keyboard.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Camera is Superb in cm10

Camera is Superb in cm10

You should not reply to already answered queries Gogol. That the tread creator may not like and consider it as spam... ;)