`Cannot load boot.img` on Mac

Tip us?

tossero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default `Cannot load boot.img` on Mac

Hello ,

I am unable to flash the boot.img on my Mac no matter what I do. The error is ` cannot load boot.img `
My device is recognized in fastboot , the other commands are working fine ( for example fastboot erase cache )
This is what I did already :
-I did put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder where adb/fastboot is
-checked MD5/several boot.img`s
-checked spelling ( fastboot flash boot boot.img)
-using the original cable
-install/reinstall adb-fastboot
-tryed different usb port
-reflash recovery

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance !

hopscotchjunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 302
It sounds like it's not recognising where the file you're trying to flash is located for some reason. Maybe try including the path to the file in the command; for example fastboot flash boot ./boot.img if it's in your current directory.
The Following User Says Thank You to hopscotchjunkie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tossero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopscotchjunkie View Post
It sounds like it's not recognising where the file you're trying to flash is located for some reason. Maybe try including the path to the file in the command; for example fastboot flash boot ./boot.img if it's in your current directory.
Thank you but no luck.. I get the same error .

gffmac
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by tossero View Post
Thank you but no luck.. I get the same error .
Open terminal drag fastboot onto the terminal window 'space' 'flash boot' 'space' drag on boot.img 'return'.
Say: T H A N K S !

Motorola Xoom Wifi
HTC Desire HD
HTC ONE X
HTC ONE
Currently using which ever ROM rocks the Most!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gffmac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tossero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by gffmac View Post
Open terminal drag fastboot onto the terminal window 'space' 'flash boot' 'space' drag on boot.img 'return'.
Eh.. this is it!
Thank you !
The Following User Says Thank You to tossero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DivinDuck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Eh.. this is it!
Thank you !
Is it really that symple, no need to install any drivers? Can I simply drag fastboot folder into terminal and type "flash boot"drag the boot.img file from the folder into the terminal and press return... sounds almost to easy, can you confirm this works?

tossero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinDuck View Post
Is it really that symple, no need to install any drivers? Can I simply drag fastboot folder into terminal and type "flash boot"drag the boot.img file from the folder into the terminal and press return... sounds almost to easy, can you confirm this works?
If you already have installed adb then you can simply follow the instructions from above .
If not, you will have to install adb from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html .
You may also take a look at this tutorial :http://www.99bits.com/2010/12/how-to-setup-adb-on-mac/

Cheers~

DivinDuck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
If you already have installed adb then you can simply follow the instructions from above .
If not, you will have to install adb from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html .
You may also take a look at this tutorial :http://www.99bits.com/2010/12/how-to-setup-adb-on-mac/

Cheers~
ok I have android sdk installed but I have one more question if this works and I manage to flash boot.img can I type "fastboot erase cache" in terminal to erase the cache? and do I need to put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder or can I simply have it in a fastboot folder on my desktop?

tossero
Old
(Last edited by tossero; 7th September 2012 at 02:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinDuck View Post
ok I have android sdk installed but I have one more question if this works and I manage to flash boot.img can I type "fastboot erase cache" in terminal to erase the cache? and do I need to put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder or can I simply have it in a fastboot folder on my desktop?
Read the tutorial , you will find all the answers there !
Yes, you can run ` fastboot erase cache ` from your terminal and yes ,put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder !

Cheers~
The Following User Says Thank You to tossero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DivinDuck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Read the tutorial , you will find all the answers there !
Yes, you can run ` fastboot erase cache ` from your terminal and yes ,put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder !

Cheers~
Really works... thank you tossero.

The Following User Says Thank You to DivinDuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]