Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

FIXED - Strange boot loop issue on factory reset but not on CM10

OP timmymagic07

7th September 2012, 12:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
[FIXED]

Got some help on the forum;

downloaded asus firmware, unpacked blob, fastboot flash staging blob; fastboot reboot

Prime is now back to fully operational!

Many thanks to @kkdm

[/FIXED]

Hello,

I have looked around the various threads (including the 'how to unbrick your prime' one) but have not seen this issue mentioned.

I have a strange issue where if I factory reset (i.e. to Asus) the device will simply keep looping at the ASUS EEE logo, with device is unlocked in the top left hand corner. If however I install CM10 or another MOD, it seems to work as normal and boot into the homescren.

Having read around, there was an issue with an Asus update where it appeared to do something similar to this, is it perhaps that I am on that version and thus am getting the same error? Would a simple download and copy of the latest ASUS ROM fix that? I am unsure on how to do this exactly, but have read this was an issue, but I find it unlikely as everything was fine before I unlocked etc.

Is it perhaps the bootloader has become corrupt in some way with the ICS/JB difference? This is just a guess on my limit knowledge...

The reason for putting back the ASUS stock ROM is selling the device, having upgraded to the Infinity, and do not particularly want to send it with CM10 on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Last edited by timmymagic07; 10th September 2012 at 06:04 PM.
7th September 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Meter: 2,545

2,643 posts
Donate to Me
More
What do you mean factory reset back to asus ?

You cannot just hit factory reset and it will go back to stock rom as you have overwritten it with cm10, or do you mean you have tried to install the stock version of the rom?

DO NOT use the official software from the Asus site, this can brick it.

There is a stock rom somewhere in the development section. You need to flash that to the tablet and you will be good to go.

edit... this is what you want .. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1708613
Last edited by flumpster; 7th September 2012 at 02:36 PM.
9th September 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
It turns out there is no ROM on the internal storage anymore (I must have selected the format option on my last attempt at installing Androwookie), as a result I cannot access the sdcard by plugging the thing into my PC.

Is there a way of installing this via the micro SD card slot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster

What do you mean factory reset back to asus ?

You cannot just hit factory reset and it will go back to stock rom as you have overwritten it with cm10, or do you mean you have tried to install the stock version of the rom?

DO NOT use the official software from the Asus site, this can brick it.

There is a stock rom somewhere in the development section. You need to flash that to the tablet and you will be good to go.

edit... this is what you want .. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1708613

9th September 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Hello,

Just to clarify, I can get into recovery without issue, it just won't boot after factory reset and now hangs at ASUS logo.

Is there a way around this at all? :--(
10th September 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Hello,

Latest problem is having ASUS Transformer Prime ADB Interface listed in Device Manager, but not being able to use the adb shell.

I get either 'device not found' or occasionally something about /system/sh not being found, in either case this is obviously not good.

I can still get into TWRP 2.1.3 though, surely there must be a way round this?
10th September 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Now fixed, see first post
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread