Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HELP] Samsung Galaxy S - Bricked

OP oleggl

12th September 2012, 12:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Hi all,

I had a lot of HTC and have never experienced with any problem when upgrade to custom firmware.
And now I tried to play with Samsung Galaxy S (if it is important, it was an Anycall logo reference during the boot).
Due to I'm a dummy with Samsung, something was going wrong.
And now the only thing I see during switching the phone on is the message in Korean. No load mode, no recovery mode.

Please help to unbrick my phone.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gal_s1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1320928   Click image for larger version

Name:	gal_s2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1320929  
12th September 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
sgabytzu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
It looks like download mode(the picture is identical with mine when i'm in download mode). Download odin and see if the phone is recognized


Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
12th September 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgabytzu

It looks like download mode(the picture is identical with mine when i'm in download mode). Download odin and see if the phone is recognized


Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

What is the correct sequence of actions?

I used this one:

1- Start Odin v 3.04
2- Attach the USB cable to the PC (DO NOT ATTACH IT TO THE PHONE)
3- Press and hold "Volume up" and "home" buttons
4- Attach the USB cable to the phone while holding both buttons
5- The phone will enter in download mode

The picture as I attached appears ("download" mode). Odin does not detect device.
12th September 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Does it start in download mode by itself without the 3 button combo? If that is the case this would be a first! Anyway as duly noted in the sticky thread in the beginning of the forum you must have skipped, searching and reading prior posting here is essential. Check out the following thread: [GUIDE] Recovery options for "bricked" phone.
12th September 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverchairbg

Does it start in download mode by itself without the 3 button combo?

Yes. If that korean message means "download" mode that it starts in it without 3 button combo, just using power button.

Quote:

If that is the case this would be a first! Anyway as duly noted in the sticky thread in the beginning of the forum you must have skipped, searching and reading prior posting here is essential. Check out the following thread: [GUIDE] Recovery options for "bricked" phone.

Thanks for the proper thread, I will investigate.

Please do not close this topic so far.
12th September 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I tried abc options and none of them helped.
I translate that korean message. It means "Cellular phone Reset Please wait a moment"

Could someone point me what should I do in order to resolve this issue?
12th September 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Did you install the samsung's driver or Kies? because if you didn't Odin wont recognize your phone.
12th September 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgah

Did you install the samsung's driver or Kies? because if you didn't Odin wont recognize your phone.

Yes, surely. Kies is installed.
13th September 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #9  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,244
 
3,920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleggl

I tried abc options and none of them helped.
I translate that korean message. It means "Cellular phone Reset Please wait a moment"

Could someone point me what should I do in order to resolve this issue?

follow first step on My Android Solutions link below, than immediately use combo buttons for download mode without Ext SD and SIM card ad flash a rescue or resurrection kit from My Android Collections link below

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes