painting has begun...
i will just list what i have done thus far and what i have left to do...
1. disassemble and tape off where you dont want paint. (camera, electrical connection points, see NOTE 2)
2. sand down middle housing with 150 grit auto grade sandpaper. (to remove titanium paintjob color)
3. sand with 220 grit auto grade sandpaper to smooth the sanded surface for painting...
4. apply 1st coat glossy blank white paint.. no primer!
5. 3 min later.. apply second coat of paint
6. (where i am at now...) wait 3 hours to let paint dry to touch depending on quality of paint.
7. apply one coat clear gloss spray paint let dry for as long as possible (at least 3 hrs see NOTE 1)
8. carefully put phone back together..
NOTE 1: if you are following these instructions step 7 really need to let sit untouched for as long as possible
be careful with the phone if you do put it back together closer to 3 hours.. but the paint isnt really fully 100% dry for another 2 days..
AKA. do this on a friday like i am!!
if you have a hard time getting the phone to go back together .. its too snug.. you will need to find a way to sand allpoints where the phone clicks back together.. AKA the middle to front housing snaps and the battery door snaps
EDIT!!!!! : i forgot once you get to sanding with the 220 grit. sand it with light water so as to make it a more polished surface..
i have done alot of auto paint jobs before i got quite a bit of experience in this dept.
NE / \ US