FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][07/11/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

8,651 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,636
 
By Perseus, Forum Moderator on 28th July 2012, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th September 2012, 06:21 AM |#701  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Crusing stable at 2 Ghz

 
 
14th September 2012, 02:22 PM |#702  
slickdaddy96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near Metro Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 361
 
More
Hey KT, do you think you could make a TW Kernel like you did in the T-Mobile Forum here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31172738 ?

The only reason I ask is because i am messing around with the JB port to sprint of the T-mobile JB leak. I am guessing you may have based your TW kernel on the leaked kernel, and I know there is no current leaked anything for JB on Sprint. Our biggest issue in that port is the screen orientation is messed up and backwards. I know that is kernel related, so I was hoping maybe a TW JB kernel from you for Sprint might fix some of our issues since it seems Sprint is going to be a while before we actually get a leak of JB.

I like some of the TW features otherwise I would just flash AOKP or CM10.
14th September 2012, 03:43 PM |#703  
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 963
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDroid

Did you not read the first thing in the OP?

I'm going to assume that's actually how he knows that this kernel is AOSP-only, hence why he mentions that it doesn't work on Samsung-based ROMs.

I'm also going to assume you're not very familiar with Ktoonsez's kernel. Otherwise, you would know that he offers Samsung variants of his kernel for other carriers, hence why the person you quoted was asking if it was on the agenda or could be done in addition to the current AOSP kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessDissent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
zedmay
14th September 2012, 03:44 PM |#704  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Which kernel works on Clarks44's FreeGS3 v0.1.1 Rom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Last edited by zedmay; 14th September 2012 at 05:06 PM.
14th September 2012, 07:50 PM |#705  
y2kdread's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Bluetooth Popping Noise
Hi,

Is anyone else noticing a slight popping noise when playing audio on a bluetooth headset of any sort? I am getting this popping on my car and on a pair of bluetooth headphones that I have. The popping doesn't occur on a TW based ROM or the Kernel that comes stock with CM10.

I have tried bumping up my minimum frequencies and rebooting, but that still doesn't seem to stop the popping.

Any Ideas?
14th September 2012, 08:00 PM |#706  
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kdread

Hi,

Is anyone else noticing a slight popping noise when playing audio on a bluetooth headset of any sort? I am getting this popping on my car and on a pair of bluetooth headphones that I have. The popping doesn't occur on a TW based ROM or the Kernel that comes stock with CM10.

I have tried bumping up my minimum frequencies and rebooting, but that still doesn't seem to stop the popping.

Any Ideas?

Been having the same issue and was about to post. Happens for me with regular headphones as well. no issue on CM10 kernel. I found that upping voltage (about 75mV) solves this issue somewhat.

Also seems to only happen for me when using music app called PowerAMP. Apollo does not have this issue...but I prefer PowerAMP to Apollo.
Last edited by algirnavi451; 14th September 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added App
14th September 2012, 08:14 PM |#707  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 31,069
 
Donate to Me
More
Thread cleaned
Respect is a rule
Anymore inflammatory posts will be met with infractions
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2012, 08:36 PM |#708  
slickdaddy96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near Metro Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 361
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDissent

I'm going to assume that's actually how he knows that this kernel is AOSP-only, hence why he mentions that it doesn't work on Samsung-based ROMs.

I'm also going to assume you're not very familiar with Ktoonsez's kernel. Otherwise, you would know that he offers Samsung variants of his kernel for other carriers, hence why the person you quoted was asking if it was on the agenda or could be done in addition to the current AOSP kernel.

Well since the Moderator deleted my last reply quoting your post. Thank you, exactly what I am talking about. I really do wish people would actually read a person's question instead of just assuming people are newbs and giving silly answers. I asked that question because if you actually click on the link in my other post it is exactly like this thread but for T-mobile, but in that post he does indeed supply an AOSP kernel and a Sammy Rom kernel. I assume when a Sammy Rom Kernel becomes available by him, he will post it here for sprint. I was just asking if one of those might be in the works or does he have to wait on a leak from Sprint in order to build one.
14th September 2012, 09:47 PM |#709  
ktoonsez's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 43,437
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kdread

Hi,

Is anyone else noticing a slight popping noise when playing audio on a bluetooth headset of any sort? I am getting this popping on my car and on a pair of bluetooth headphones that I have. The popping doesn't occur on a TW based ROM or the Kernel that comes stock with CM10.

I have tried bumping up my minimum frequencies and rebooting, but that still doesn't seem to stop the popping.

Any Ideas?

This has been mention 50 or so times. It is usually 3rd party equalizer apps and some music apps. Works great perfect on my phone at 192 MHz and 875mvolts. I use stock Google music.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
14th September 2012, 10:36 PM |#710  
y2kdread's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

This has been mention 50 or so times. It is usually 3rd party equalizer apps and some music apps. Works great perfect on my phone at 192 MHz and 875mvolts. I use stock Google music.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

I'll give that a try, mut what is causing the interference between the kernel and 3rd party music players? I guess I am seeing if a fix is possible.
15th September 2012, 12:47 AM |#711  
ktoonsez's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 43,437
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kdread

I'll give that a try, mut what is causing the interference between the kernel and 3rd party music players? I guess I am seeing if a fix is possible.

You would have to contact the maker of the app you want to use and see what it is that they do different than stock apps. Also its possible that the app you are suing is not supported in JB yet or if it says it is, it is obviously having issues.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, awesomeness, faster then a greased cat on fire on ice skates, goin down a hill!, jolly bean
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes