XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

White HTC screen after water damage

Tip us?

Jeffero28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default White HTC screen after water damage

I was rooted with s-off running condemned CM7 on my dinc2. I had the new firmware so I used this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1751796 to get there.
Phone got wet...not even submerged just wet for a minute. And it had an otter box but water still got into it. Anyways I took out the battery, stuck it in a ziplock bag with rice for two days and then put the battery back in.

I turn it on and get nothing but the white HTC logo screen. I can use the vol down and power button to reboot but still cant get back into recovery it just goes straight to HTC white screen.
I have searched the forum but seem to only find things related to root issues and nothing specific about just getting back into recovery. I
want to know what is the easiest/safest path forward. I really would like to just get into recovery somehow and try to load up what I had. But if I need to wipe all and reflash the rom that is ok. I just have no idea how to start that process.
It's a half miracle that I was even able to get past the bootloop phase and have a stable rooted phone running a stable rom.

Sorry for the noobish nature of this post. I am back to using my old droid eris at this point and would love get this dinc2 up and running again.

Jeffero28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffero28 View Post
I was rooted with s-off running condemned CM7 on my dinc2. I had the new firmware so I used this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1751796 to get there.
Phone got wet...not even submerged just wet for a minute. And it had an otter box but water still got into it. Anyways I took out the battery, stuck it in a ziplock bag with rice for two days and then put the battery back in.

I turn it on and get nothing but the white HTC logo screen. I can use the vol down and power button to reboot but still cant get back into recovery it just goes straight to HTC white screen.
I have searched the forum but seem to only find things related to root issues and nothing specific about just getting back into recovery. I
want to know what is the easiest/safest path forward. I really would like to just get into recovery somehow and try to load up what I had. But if I need to wipe all and reflash the rom that is ok. I just have no idea how to start that process.
It's a half miracle that I was even able to get past the bootloop phase and have a stable rooted phone running a stable rom.

Sorry for the noobish nature of this post. I am back to using my old droid eris at this point and would love get this dinc2 up and running again.
ok so i let it sit on the HTC screen for a while and it booted up!!! But the touchscreen is not responding.. and there is a red led on now that I have never seen. I am thinking this is bad news. I my phone dead to rights or what?

jbarcus81
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ok so i let it sit on the HTC screen for a while and it booted up!!! But the touchscreen is not responding.. and there is a red led on now that I have never seen. I am thinking this is bad news. I my phone dead to rights or what?
Maybe some more drying time?? I don't have personal experience with electronics getting wet but I know that time is always the best medicine with it..
!! Always read the OP of any discussion !!
Current Device
Verizon HTC One (M8)
HTC Droid DNA

Team Venom ViperDNA Beta Tester

Current Version -- ViperDNA 3.5.0 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5

Public Butthurt Reporting Form
My posts are NEVER designed for the mobile user.. Sorry!!
Quote:
"start a multi page flame war with grenades that shoot out snakes when they blow up, and the snakes actually spit out a bunch of mini grenades that blow up."

eyesxlikexvice
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I had an issue like this with my DroidX when it had got a little wet. Not submerged, or dunked, but just water contact. I let it dry here in the Phoenix sun for about a day, and it seemed to be ok when I first booted it up, but it then did weird stuff like sticking on certain screens and rebooting.

I let it dry out more with the battery out over the next two days and it seemed fine after that.