Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

need guidance..pls help

OP vivekrules

15th September 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Hii guys sorry for being such a noob .. but I am very confused here.. I am not able to install a custom Rom in my beloved xperia arc my phone just stuck on sony logo.. I tell u what i did.. first of all i rooted my phone by flashing rootable kernel then rooted my phone with doomlord
Method then I installed CWM..but the problem is no matter which custom ROM I install in my phone with CWM phone just stuck on sony logo
Plz tell what i did wrong..
P. S. My phone was on latest ver of ICS
15th September 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #2  
panda0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrules

Hii guys sorry for being such a noob .. but I am very confused here.. I am not able to install a custom Rom in my beloved xperia arc my phone just stuck on sony logo.. I tell u what i did.. first of all i rooted my phone by flashing rootable kernel then rooted my phone with doomlord
Method then I installed CWM..but the problem is no matter which custom ROM I install in my phone with CWM phone just stuck on sony logo
Plz tell what i did wrong..
P. S. My phone was on latest ver of ICS

Unlocked bootloader, right?
Well... I started flashing with the FXP CM based roms. I suppose that this is exactly what you did, but since you didn't tell the steps you followed, I'm gonna write down how I did the first time:

With an FXP CM based rom (eg: FXP CM 10) , the steps, basically are:
- Extract the boot.img (own kernel of the FXP roms) of the .zip and put the .zip in the sdcard
- Flash the kernel in fastboot mode:
( fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce flash reboot
unplug the usb and start hiting volume controls to enter in CWM)
- Wipe data and cache
- Install the .zip (rom)
- Reboot and enjoy


Hope it works for you.
15th September 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Aactually I am not. Able to flash kernel image with fastboot.. I mean with flashtool I am not Able to flash kernel image.. flashtool is showing error that my phone is not rooted.. but it actually is..
And suppose if i want to install ROM( jelly sandwich) can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it.. coz I am trying for 2 days with negative result...
15th September 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #4  
panda0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrules

Aactually I am not. Able to flash kernel image with fastboot.. I mean with flashtool I am not Able to flash kernel image.. flashtool is showing error that my phone is not rooted.. but it actually is..
And suppose if i want to install ROM( jelly sandwich) can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it.. coz I am trying for 2 days with negative result...

I'm noob too, so unfortunately I can't help in the most effective way.
The only apparent difference between our phones (from what I understood from your post) is that I unlocked the bootloader. I read here in XDA that some roms just need this while others not.

"can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it" - You mean unlock the BL?
It's easy, but may void the warranty... Go here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
(Note: In my case I didn't install the sdk, but I just can't find the tutorial that I followed to unlock the BL... Anyway, the tutorial that I've used was in portuguese... Not much help for you I guess
Note2: In the middle of the process, you'll have to inform your IMEI in the sony website... Use just the first 14 digits).
The Following User Says Thank You to panda0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2012, 08:32 AM   |  #5  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,436
 
7,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
There is enough information in the guides and stickys to help with most things, People just need to read it.

Sent from my CM9'd Arc
The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

There is enough information in the guides and stickys to help with most things, People just need to read it.

Sent from my CM9'd Arc

+1
When I want to know sth, I search and then I will have more than I wanted.
15th September 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #7  
gpfnzl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 20
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
1. unlock the boot loader

2. Download a custom kernel for your current version of android ie: GB/ICS i suggest DoomLord.

3.Put the kernel ( .img ) into the same folder as you have fastboot/adb

4. Power the phone into fastboot: Power down your phone. Press and hold the menu button then plug in your usb cable (the light on the side will be blue)
open a CMD window in the same folder as fastboot/adb and type the commant:

fastboot flash boot NAME OF FILE.img

push enter.
Once the install is complete (a couple of second) you will have root and custom recovery.

Make sure your phone version is rootable

There are guides available in the General section, I suggest you read them if this is your first root.

Good Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpfnzl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Thanks guys I appreciate your help.. I ll try

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes