Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wakelocks For Galaxy Tab P7500

Tip us?

sooramma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wakelocks For Galaxy Tab P7500

Please provide a comprehensive note on Kernal wakelocks and partial wakelocks which are responsible for battery drain and how to fix them in P7500 running on stock ROM 4.0.4,

akarshfrevr
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooramma View Post
Please provide a comprehensive note on Kernal wakelocks and partial wakelocks which are responsible for battery drain and how to fix them in P7500 running on stock ROM 4.0.4,
these are something which prevents ur tab from sleeping to see which one is culprit use betterbattery stats APP which provides u the information ...........worry about this only when u flash the rom .......u can fix only by removing the apps which are preventing ur tab from sleeping and sometimes even a restart will also fix

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF I HAVE HELPED
Hit thanks button if u like my work

SAMSUNG VIBRANT
Rom: HELLY BEAN
Android: 4.2.2

SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE
Rom:PARANOID
Android:4.2.2

HTC ONE M7
Rom:STOCK
Android:4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to akarshfrevr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sooramma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarshfrevr View Post
these are something which prevents ur tab from sleeping to see which one is culprit use betterbattery stats APP which provides u the information ...........worry about this only when u flash the rom .......u can fix only by removing the apps which are preventing ur tab from sleeping and sometimes even a restart will also fix

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF I HAVE HELPED
thank you. I want details on different wakelocks and fixes

sooramma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I noticed some information about wakelocks on this thread '.[HOW TO] Fix Your Skyrocket's Battery Life'. will it equally apples to P7500 also.

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF IT HELPS YOU

akarshfrevr
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
I noticed some information about wakelocks on this thread '.[HOW TO] Fix Your Skyrocket's Battery Life'. will it equally apples to P7500 also.

if u are running on stock then u cant do anything u have to wait untill samsung provides an update to fix problems in ics ..........post the thread address properly
Hit thanks button if u like my work

SAMSUNG VIBRANT
Rom: HELLY BEAN
Android: 4.2.2

SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE
Rom:PARANOID
Android:4.2.2

HTC ONE M7
Rom:STOCK
Android:4.4.2

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Why don't you just post a bbs dump and I will interpret it for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

sooramma
Old
(Last edited by sooramma; 16th September 2012 at 07:00 AM.) Reason: add
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
add
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarshfrevr View Post
if u are running on stock then u cant do anything u have to wait untill samsung provides an update to fix problems in ics ..........post the thread address properly
Dear friend,

This is the tread on wakwlocks. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827676.

whether the comprehensive note found in the said thread equally applies to P7500 also?

sooramma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
On close study of the comprehensive note on wakelocks by T.J.Bender, now I understood the common causes for battery drain and their fix. I am able to fix some of the common wakelocks shown by BBS and my Tab's battery performance has been improved a lot. Big Thanks to T.J.Bender