OP reas0n

16th September 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 4,491

5,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Troll

Lockscreen and call LAG when screen is locked.

żou mean like this right?
16th September 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 47

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

żou mean like this right?

EXACTLY
same for call..
takes ages to show it and actually answer..
16th September 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 4

85 posts
This is my 3. Lg phone (vievity, optimus 2x)......and last.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
17th September 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #54  

265 posts
well then email them, and let them know .____.
17th September 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #55  

5,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mali_veseljak

This is my 3. Lg phone (vievity, optimus 2x)......and last.

i sent them my comments now, but not expecting any feedback.

i am about to skip LG for any products in the future. lousy company with lousy politics and policies.
17th September 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 7

93 posts
agree.. phone is good but policies suxs. no one even bothers to compare 4x although its also a quad phone. going htc next. no more Lousy Goods.
18th September 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #57  

265 posts
SOMEONE GIMME A VALID UK ADDRESS!!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

As previously advised in order to raise this to our head office and factory please supply your full address, without this I cannot pass your feedback over for future consideration.

Best regards,

Louise Ayres

LG Customer Service Escalations Team

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

Sunday 11am - 5pm

Sent: 17 September 2012 14:44
To: cic uk//LGEUK SVC(cic.uk@lge.com)
Subject: Re: Bootloader and LG P880 Issues.

unfortunately, my whole email was about how you can assist me. thank you for reading anyway.
but, to narrow it down,
its one of 2 things, even though i'd prefer both.
either unlock the bootloader so developers and consumers can actually modify their device like they want, because they own it. God bless android's opensource-ness. and no, you're not aware of our personal preferences. also, if warranty is the issue, its for all brands, not just LG. if they manage, so can you. IT VOIDS WARRANTY AND WE KNOW THAT AND NO ONE IS ASKING YOU TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. also, unlocked bootloader gives us the opportunity to use android updates without going through LG at all.
or atleast fix the issues your software is currently giving us, since i didnt pay for a faulty service. also, i paid for device that has future support from LG, so an ETA on jelly bean. or atleast if it's even going to be released for 4x hd.

issues---> 1) Lockscreen and call LAG when screen is locked.

2) music player and other apps LAG *but dont when gpu rendering is forced to 2D from the developers menu, points to GPU drivers*

3) Lockscreen is annoying as if power key is pressed, phone just goes to faceunlock or PIN without any unlocking and presses random keys.. also, faceunlock LAGS

contact's joining mechanism is jus a big joke.. after joining, their display names cant be changed.. also, forgot, MANUAL joining.. coz automatic joining doesn't join alotta contacts.. *never had this prob with HTC*

4) kernel is also outdated, doesn't perform too well, governors are not calibrated and just one scheduler, NOOP, which apparently freezes apps randomly. phone is not frozen, just the app. also, i prefer CFQ or SIO.

5) Camera is broken on driver level, takes really dark pictures and renders faceunlock useless too.. /system/lib/hw/camera.tegra.so is the source of the prob..

6) Android 4.1 is released officially by google, i have to right to know if my phone is *AT LEAST* in the devices that will receive the updates..

7) performance of apps. GAMES LAG LIKE HELL!!

8) customization is restricted

9) gps.conf is missing from sytstem/etc which delays GPS lock..

http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-m...tion-politic-2

people are already calling LG a fail and many, including me, are considering our current LG products to be last.

keep it up.

also, bother to read my email or quit. you get paid to do this.

To:
Sent: Monday, 17 September 2012, 16:25
Subject: RE: Bootloader and LG P880 Issues.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, in your email you have not advised how you want us to assist you.

In order for us to pass feedback to our factory for future consideration please supply us with your full address.

Best regards,

Louise Ayres

LG Customer Service Escalations Team

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

Sunday 11am - 5pm

Sent: 16 September 2012 17:12
To: cic uk//LGEUK SVC(cic.uk@lge.com)
Subject: Bootloader and LG P880 Issues.

I have a LG P880 and here's a list of it's issues.

Lockscreen and call LAG when screen is locked.

music player and other apps LAG *but dont when gpu rendering is forced to 2D from the developers menu, points to GPU drivers*

Lockscreen is annoying as if power key is pressed, phone just goes to faceunlock or PIN without any unlocking and presses random keys.. also, faceunlock LAGS

contact's joining mechanism is jus a big joke.. after joining, their display names cant be changed.. also, forgot, MANUAL joining.. coz automatic joining doesn't join alotta contacts.. *never had this prob with HTC*

kernel is also outdated, doesn't perform too well, governors are not calibrated and just one scheduler, NOOP, which apparently freezes apps randomly. phone is not frozen, just the app. also, i prefer CFQ or SIO.

Camera is broken on driver level, takes really dark pictures and renders faceunlock useless too.. /system/lib/hw/camera.tegra.so is the source of the prob..

Android 4.1 is released officially by google, i have to right to know if my phone is *AT LEAST* in the devices that will receive the updates..

performance of apps. GAMES LAG LIKE HELL!!

customization is restricted

gps.conf is missing from sytstem/etc which delays GPS lock..

now here's the catch.. all of these issues are software/kernel based, something XDA community can easily fix itself without passing through your crappy customer service, most of which feels like an automated response and gives incomplete answers. but, we dont have an unlocked bootloader. and i didnt pay for a crappy quad core device that i cant even customize to my liking. NO, LG isn't aware of my personal preferences and doesnt not know whats best of me, infact, doesn't know my first name so this is just out of the topic.

"The reason we dont want customers to void their warranty by changing the boot menu and we also believe that this is the best possible sequance for the phone." <---if they cant spell sequence right, there's nothing to talk about.. and voiding warranty? we KNOW it voids warranty. we're not that stupid.. and other brands like HTC have it implemented in their unlocking page and their bootloader itself to show the phone has been unlocked and voided warranty. and I AM WELL AWARE THAT IT VOIDS WARRANTY. but it also restricts my freedom to crappy service and a laggy LG os with outdated kernel sources.

NVIDIA UPDATES THEIR SOURCES FOR A REASON.

Either those mentioned issues can be fixed or you can just grant us an unlocked bootloader so "more" talented developers can fix what you cant/are to lazy to fix.

i paid for a device that i can customize, knowing its an android platform.

perhaps you should label the box with "BOOTLOADER WONT EVER BE UNLOCKED AN SERVICE IS CRAPPY" so i think twice.

even motorola unlocked their bootloader. and other companies aren't retarded to sell the same phone for more money. *INFACT HTC ONE X DOES COST MORE THAN 4X HD*

why didnt i go for it, external mem card.. *too bad*

back to topic, either you can fix the above mentioned bugs, or you can unlock the device i paid for and have right to unlock.

thats like buying a computer and not being allowed to choose which windows i install.

and oh,

http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-e...r-in-lg-phones
http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-e...g-optimus-p700

i know LG had bad rep. but this isn't what i expected.. now its just a matter of should I expect something to be done about these issues or should i jus think twice before getting an LG product?

coz it wont matter if optimus G is the first s4 pro based phone.. i'd rather wait for a HTC version of it, and i know many others would too, till LG can understand their problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Troll For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 14

20 posts
I've written similar mail to LG and they want my address too I will never give them my valid address.. maybe they are trying to exclude "unwanted" people from warranty service.. don't know..
18th September 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #59  
Flag Greifswald
Thanks Meter: 212

483 posts
More
Have you sent them your full postal address? Maybe they'll give you a valid mail address if you do.
18th September 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #60  

5,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
i spoke to "Louise Ayres" as well, so that girl is really getting some replies these days and at least pretty much the same topic.

It might actually help, i believe in another brand(philips) case, family ended up getting a gift send to their address, for the trouble with their product. their request to get a full address might just not be so bad at all. its more like the people acting out that got the wrong way of thinking. We are talking to LG representatives, if they abuse the information they get, they could get into some pretty serious trouble as government rules in Denmark got a very simple rule on sharing details with others, so they can register me as a bad person or they can send me gift, or send me nice snail mails. but pretty much not much more, and warranty is normally handled by a shop with less to no details on the customer initially, its just a bill.
so LG cannot compare the complaint with a user address associated, to a mobile warranty (at least not here) because Louise never asked for a mobile serialno. or similar

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, lg 4x hd, petition
Previous Thread Next Thread