[ROM] AOKP 4.4.4 (Kitkat) Task650 (9.10.2014) (Unified)

18th September 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #7871  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask, but from fellow AOKP users, what version of CWM are you guys running with? I'm on 5.8.4.5 and saw that the latest version is 6.0.1.2. I haven't run into any problems since I loaded that version of CWM via terminal emulator (following the instructions of the no trip flash counter thread,) but was just curious if making the upgrade was necessary or recommended.
18th September 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #7872  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,842

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyfilipinoguy88

Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask, but from fellow AOKP users, what version of CWM are you guys running with? I'm on 5.8.4.5 and saw that the latest version is 6.0.1.2. I haven't run into any problems since I loaded that version of CWM via terminal emulator (following the instructions of the no trip flash counter thread,) but was just curious if making the upgrade was necessary or recommended.

you wont be able to use the OTA Updater service we provide if you use that version of recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #7873  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

you wont be able to use the OTA Updater service we provide if you use that version of recovery.

Ah, good to know. Thanks Task! Just wondering, what is the latest version of the CWM that allows the OTA Updater?
18th September 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #7874  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,842

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyfilipinoguy88

Ah, good to know. Thanks Task! Just wondering, what is the latest version of the CWM that allows the OTA Updater?

version 5.5.0.4 i think is the version number.
Last edited by task650; 18th September 2012 at 07:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #7875  
Thanks Meter: 26

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

version 5.5.0.4 i think is the version number.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on supporting the new 6.0.12 CWM? I still love the quick check and download, but 6.x doesn't allow me to direct flash the animations and roms.

Cheers,
18th September 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #7876  
Flag NE Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 712

635 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb101

Out of curiosity, do you plan on supporting the new 6.0.12 CWM? I still love the quick check and download, but 6.x doesn't allow me to direct flash the animations and roms.

Cheers,

I think he has mentioned several times that its the script in the recovery code and he can't do anything about that. I think.
18th September 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #7877  
Flag UC Davis
Thanks Meter: 89

346 posts
Honestly why not do a full wipe anyway? Doing a full wipe literally takes me 10 minutes to do. Just make a nandroid backup, flash new ROM zip and Gapps zip, then restore from Titanium back-up. Then change all the settings that titanium doesn't restore (this part takes me under a minute). I've been flashing ROM's on android for over a year now and every single time I upgrade I do a 100% full wipe just to make sure there aren't any issues. It takes a few minutes longer, but it is worth it.

Wanted to report some random reboots on 9/13. My phone randomly reboots once a day. No idea what is causing it. I'm guessing it could be voltage related since all my voltages are 50mV under stock. Nevertheless it doesn't matter to me at all. What's one reboot a day in exchange for an amazing ROM and absolutely amazing battery life?
18th September 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #7878  
Thanks Meter: 283

59 posts
I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock.

Quote:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB

The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to mrgoat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #7879  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,099

2,670 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoat

I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of you guys that see's this post has NO reason not to thank this guy. the least we can do is hit his thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to mbc663 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #7880  
Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 48

259 posts
More
Alright I'm probably going crazy but I can't find the option to remap hardware buttons in ROM control. I searched the whole thing like three times and I searched the thread too. I feel like an idiot, but can anyone point me to it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android open kang project, butthole, jelly bean :), kitkat, suck it, use report button instead of flaming, user support thread in q&a for all the questions
Previous Thread Next Thread