FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Windows Phone 7.8 Deepshining BETA ROM - NO SCAM

Thanks Meter: 884
 
By dotcompt, Retired Recognized Developer on 18th September 2012, 10:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:
  1. . OS Version: 7.10.8835.35
  2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
  3. . Available languages: only English
  4. . You can now have the the new Windows Phone 8 Start Screen.
  5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys.
  6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
  7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
  8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now ). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.
  9. . You can always flash back a WP7.5 Rom if you wish.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I havenīt change it too much but it a start for future versions





Links removed


Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

BTW: Support my work if you want me to keep going

Have fun !!!
dot
Last edited by dotcompt; 21st September 2012 at 09:17 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dotcompt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th September 2012, 10:25 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcompt

HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

  1. . OS Version: 7.10.8835.35
  2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
  3. . Available languages: only English
  4. . You can now have the the new Windows Phone 8 Start Screen.
  5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys.
  6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
  7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
  8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now ). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.
  9. . You can always flash back a WP7.5 Rom if you wish.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I havenīt change it too much but it a start for future versions





>>> DOWNLOAD DEEPSHINING WINDOWS PHONE 7.8 BETA ROM HERE
>>> Mirror soon


Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

BTW: Support my work if you want me to keep going

Have fun !!!
dot


Awesome. Here's some pics for proof :P

http://windowsphonehacker.com/articl...c_hd7-09-18-12


The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 10:36 PM |#3  
Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
7.8
So the question is - what is in there new beside the new start screen and higher OS number?
The Following User Says Thank You to N3croman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 10:37 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3croman

So the question is - what is in there new beside the new start screen and higher OS number?

Nothing. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 10:41 PM |#5  
Tachi91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 443
 
More
whats with the bars? Is it your phone or the OS?

Edit: Saw the windowsphonehackers artiticle.... broken screen
The Following User Says Thank You to Tachi91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 10:49 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington, NZ
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
So besides the start screen, is there anything new?
The Following User Says Thank You to owenw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 10:58 PM |#7  
atticus182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lienden
Thanks Meter: 2,057
 
More
Dude you just made yourself immortal, great work man!! Oh and we know you too well for this to be a scam
The Following User Says Thank You to atticus182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 11:00 PM |#8  
dotcompt's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 884
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenw

So besides the start screen, is there anything new?

Nothing really new, this must be an early build. One thing it bugs me is that Themes do not work so probably we might have something new related with themes soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotcompt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 11:05 PM |#9  
elmanortega's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag perez zeledon
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
amazing work ill be beta tester anytime

for hd7 and surround and titan
18th September 2012, 11:19 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Someplace in CT
Thanks Meter: 151
 
Donate to Me
More
Now if we can figure out how to rip the new start menu for all phones that would be epic
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes