Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dell Streak 7 replacement parts?

Tip us?

otter68
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Glass only anyone?

So has anyone ordered/received the glass only yet? If so, how much was it with shipping and did it have everything needed to replace the glass only? How was the process?
TIA!

Lookin4Trouble
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
The charger is just a standard 5.35v@2.0A usb charger with the data pins shorted together.
I get that, but I can't seem to find any USB-Out chargers that deliver better than 5.0V@1.5-1.7A. If you've got a source for 5.35v@2.0A, I'd be very interested. The smaller the wall wart the better...

I bought my DS7 from a member here, and he failed to disclose that the spring-clip that holds the outlet adapter to the wall wart itself was broken, so the parts mate up but they don't lock together at all, and the wall wart will fall off the adapter :{

Thanks
L4T

DCoop
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter68 View Post
So has anyone ordered/received the glass only yet? If so, how much was it with shipping and did it have everything needed to replace the glass only? How was the process?
TIA!
I haven't been able to order and receive only the glass. The ebay seller from China wouldn't sell extra glass panels unless I purchased the entire unit, glass and touchpanel/screen. If I bought a panel he'd include replacement glass for $10 each with free shipping.

I considered ordering the panel and also 10 glass replacements and selling them to people in my position. I've got a great working Streak 7 screen with a damn shattered exterior gorilla glass panel that I can't get fixed.

good luck,
DC

Evo 04 version
Nitrous 4.67 ROM
2.6.35 NitrousV0.4-SBC Kernel
PRI 2.33_003
PRL 60690

chrisjwhite30
Old
(Last edited by chrisjwhite30; 18th April 2012 at 10:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Any chance of getting a better resolution screen that has the same pinout?

Sraigius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good day everyone,
I have the same problem, broken "gorilla glass" lcd screen working fine, but touch screen totally broken. So, does somebody found buy only the digitalizer ( touch screen ) ?

mcarth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up China Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCoop View Post
I haven't been able to order and receive only the glass. The ebay seller from China wouldn't sell extra glass panels unless I purchased the entire unit, glass and touchpanel/screen. If I bought a panel he'd include replacement glass for $10 each with free shipping.

I considered ordering the panel and also 10 glass replacements and selling them to people in my position. I've got a great working Streak 7 screen with a damn shattered exterior gorilla glass panel that I can't get fixed.

good luck,
DC
Hi DCoop,
could you give me the contact info you have for a screen replacement .Or does anyone have another source.
cheers
Mcarth
Tags
dell streak 7, digitizer, lcd