MAGLDR 1.13, USB flasher and activesync: not working

Tip us?

memstick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question MAGLDR 1.13, USB flasher and activesync: not working

I have the following hardware/software:

HTC HD2 with Nexus HD Gingerbread (something like that, flashed latest version some month ago), Norwegian phone
MAGLDR 1.13
Two PCs with windows 7, 64 bit

Windows mobile device center 6.1

Yesterday I decided I wanted to check if it was possible to have both my Android build (which I like a lot, thank you tytung!) and windows mobile 6.5, stock rom. Don't go into detail on whether this "dual boot" works or not, my problem is solely with flashing..

As far as I've come to understand I should be able to establish an activesync connection to my computer, then run the normal executable from HTC containing the stock ROM. The problem is, I'm unable to estabish an activesync connection.

1. I boot into magldr menu by holding down the power button for a sufficient amount of time
*** Menu shown ***
2. Select USB flasher, plug in USB
*** Says "Waiting for USB connection...", then, after some seconds, appends "USB" to the end of the line ***
3. Try to start Windows Mobile Device Center
*** "No connection" shown. ***
4. Entered sync center, tried "establish new sync partnership"
*** Phone is not shown in list over available sync partners ***
5. Been trying to reinstall drivers by navigating into device manager.
*** Computer reinstalls driver on repeat on step 2, but no different behavior ***
6. Tried to use command prompt, enter device manager with hidden items visible
*** did not help (no invisible drivers found) ***
7. Tried to boot into bootloader with USB connection by holding <vol down> for a sufficient amount of time on boot
*** Same behavior, but detects different hardware (qualcomm CDMA blablabla..) ***
8. Changed USB cables
*** Same behavior ***

My last "common factor" in my setup is my two 64 bit identical OSs, maybe it's a problem here but..

Hope you can help, also help us Norwegians hold hands if you got the time:
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/oslobomben/lenke.php

(Press "Klikk her for styrke lenken")

icke
Old
Thanks Meter 1054

DONATE TO ME
MAGLDR USB Flasher or TriColor-Bootloader will NEVER connect to ActiveSync!
Connection is only schown in deviece manager in Win7 under Mobile Devices->Microsoft USB Sync (MAGLDR USB Flasher) or Mobile Devices->HTC USB Sync (TriColor-Bootloader).
The Following User Says Thank You to icke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memstick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh no.. Even though I did all that reading I missed out on that part <.<

But all flashing requires an activesync connection.. (At least windows mobile stock rom does), so how is this to be done? Is it supposed to work by entering usb flasher and then run the stock rom update file?

Is it possible to have both windows mobile 6.5 and an android build on the phone simultaneously at all?

icke
Old
Thanks Meter 1054

DONATE TO ME
ActiveSync connection is only needed if you are flashing under win mobile.
If you want to flash a stock rom U have to do this from TriColor-Bootloader or a .nbh via sd-card, otherwise it will not work!
You can flash a WM-rom and install an android sd-build...but both to the same time on device is a no-go.
The Following User Says Thank You to icke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memstick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Allright, thanks mister.

gFrenken97
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Default Help!

Same problem .. but in device manager it's all correct but when i try to install HSPL or if i wanna use USB Flasher, it won't work, i'm stuck at Android ... some people sais my NAND was damaged but idk ... possibly tried over 100 ROM's now ...

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gFrenken97 View Post
Same problem .. but in device manager it's all correct but when i try to install HSPL or if i wanna use USB Flasher, it won't work, i'm stuck at Android ... some people sais my NAND was damaged but idk ... possibly tried over 100 ROM's now ...
FIX: other USB port or PC yay!!

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by gFrenken97 View Post
but in device manager it's all correct but when i try to install HSPL or if i wanna use USB Flasher, it won't work, i'm stuck at Android ... !
explain 'it wont work' , , , , , ''it wont work'' is one of the most useless sentences, and it gets used here daily.
In what way doesn't it work? what error does it give?
O2 UK (Contract) APN settings data & MMS combined

Various radios, stock roms and tools HERE

UK 3.14 hd2 stock roms on HTC.com

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

PACpacPACpacPACpacPAC

'If there's an emergency, you have my permission to panic, and run about screaming.'

2nd nun says "yes, doesn't it." 1st nun says "no i said where's the POPE?"

danbre92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I can fix if your details match mine

I have just had the same experience with my hd2, and i figured it out.

Now, im using a T-Mobile UK HD2 512mb, I loaded the latest rom found on htc's website 'Tmobile UK RUU 3.14'.
I had to first use HSPL4 and flash my phone with the 3.06.0000 (its like that, there's only 2 numbers, other is 2.0 somthing, and not the hspl, the one ending in .0000. Sorry for a poor reply but its all off the top of my head =P)
When flashing I used the tri-colour screen (vol down and power buttons)
After that had flashed, i re-entered the tri-colour screen and opened the RUU.
From that it worked fine and on my way to another android rom.

I have done this a few times in the past but not for some time, hence my confusion.
Again, apologies for the mess of the reply but the gist is there
Hope it can be of some help

Regards, Dan