Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ICS Stock Wallpaper Glitch, PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

tamoor.rip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] ICS Stock Wallpaper Glitch, PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

When i upgraded my phone to ICS, it used to set wallpapers as i crop them (at any size, any length or width) and it also appeared exactly the same size on home screen as i crop it. But now for some reason, that i dont know, it has stopped doing that and use the same method as before i.e. predefined length-width + zoomed wallpaper on home screen.

Is there any option or a method to revert back it to setting custom sized wallpaper?

Please i dont want any 3rd software to do this because i believe there must be some genuine way to solve this problem as once i restarted my phone and i got the desired wallpaper cropping settings. But now it restarting phone also doesnt help.

Please help me for this. My phone is not rooted yet. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!

fshami
Old
Thanks Meter 938

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamoor.rip View Post
Hi,

When i upgraded my phone to ICS, it used to set wallpapers as i crop them (at any size, any length or width) and it also appeared exactly the same size on home screen as i crop it. But now for some reason, that i dont know, it has stopped doing that and use the same method as before i.e. predefined length-width + zoomed wallpaper on home screen.

Is there any option or a method to revert back it to setting custom sized wallpaper?

Please i dont want any 3rd software to do this because i believe there must be some genuine way to solve this problem as once i restarted my phone and i got the desired wallpaper cropping settings. But now it restarting phone also doesnt help.

Please help me for this. My phone is not rooted yet. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!
Hm.. have u tried changing to HTC Skin / Scenes from Menu -> Personalize -> Display? May be it wud reset the wallpaper,,

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Or wallpaper wizardii app from the store, which is free and you are back on the track

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

tamoor.rip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshami View Post
Hm.. have u tried changing to HTC Skin / Scenes from Menu -> Personalize -> Display? May be it wud reset the wallpaper,,
I had tried as you said bro, but it didn't help either. :-/ any other option? besides installing some software?

tamoor.rip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaki- View Post
Or wallpaper wizardii app from the store, which is free and you are back on the track
Yes bro, i already have Wallpaper Wizardrii installed but when there is a default cropping option so i don't really want any software to do this for me. i know there must be some way to get back ICS built in cropping settings but cant figure out how? Thanks again Bro

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamoor.rip View Post
Yes bro, i already have Wallpaper Wizardrii installed but when there is a default cropping option so i don't really want any software to do this for me. i know there must be some way to get back ICS built in cropping settings but cant figure out how? Thanks again Bro
Yeah i know. I don't like to use any other software then the built-in one. But in that case you can just flash some other rom or re-install the ICS stock one.....

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)