Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!!! I Have Rooting Problems

Tip us?

dlepp22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help!!! I Have Rooting Problems

I have rooted a Kindle Fire (my own) before. A friend wanted me to root his. I tried a new method (Kindle Water.) But the application crashed now the Fire has the FIREFIREFIRE bootloader but nothing else. There is still root protection. What should i do to fully root this Kindle Fire.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270: Win XP, 1GB RAM, 80GB Hard drive, and 2.8GHz Pentium 4.
I also have a Macbook Pro 13-inch Mid-2009, 2GB of RAM, 2.3? GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (The rooting machine)

dlepp22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Not enough details sorry. It boots into stock os and has FIREFIREFIRE and TWRP. But it isn't rooted.

Gohan
Old
Thanks Meter 958
Try to root it again.

Android>iOS... Android FTW!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gohan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2357
1) Have you tried rinning KindleWater again?

2) Have you tried using holding the power button to access FFF's boot options?

3) Are you looking to just "root" your device or so you want to install a different ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlepp22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet View Post
1) Have you tried rinning KindleWater again?

2) Have you tried using holding the power button to access FFF's boot options?

3) Are you looking to just "root" your device or so you want to install a different ROM?

1) No i thought rooting again would brick it and this time i want to use BreakDroid like i did my last kindle

2) Yes but why would i need to do this i can boot into stock os it just isn't rooted

3) I just want to root it but i would love to install a different rom if i could get amazon appstore

Thepooch
Old
(Last edited by Thepooch; 20th September 2012 at 08:53 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1038
there`s another option you could just flash rooted stock over your existing system and call it a day. That would be located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1439916
Use the standard version not the altrom that is for dual booting and it will not suit your purpose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]