Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Install v21y baseband on P999 w/o stock firmware using 64-bit Win7

Tip us?
 
HearWa
Old
(Last edited by HearWa; 9th October 2012 at 02:57 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Sign [GUIDE] Install v21y baseband on P999 w/o stock firmware using 64-bit Win7

If you own a P999 and didn't update in time to get the latest baseband from LG's Update utility this guide is for you. Windows XP compatibility mode isn't used so people such as myself who have Windows 7 Home Premium can follow this procedure. I am a Wind Mobile user and while the forums have enough information on how to do this I decided to compile a concise guide to save everyone some time.

Note that this will remove your cwm recovery installation if you have one. You will have to nvflash your phone again. And of course I am not responsible for any repercussions that may occur by you following this guide.
  • Backup all apps + data.
  • Download the cwm backup stock wind firmware, a kdz file with the v21y baseband and the vbscript installation archive.
  • Extract wind firmware archive in clockworkmod/backup.
  • Boot into cwm recovery.
  • Clear data and cache.
  • "Recover" wind firmware from backup.
  • Boot into the new wind firmware.
  • Extract vbscript installation on PC and follow the directions from the download page. There's only one thing you do different: don't change the "Diag" menu to "EMERGENCY". Diagnostic mode is for phones that are powered on, emergency is for s/w update mode (volume down + power).

You are now running T-Mobile gingerbread with the v21y baseband! Now you can nvflash cwm recovery again and install your ROM of choice!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HearWa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wizshaw
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 169
Join Date: Dec 2011
Anybody tried this?
 
HearWa
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizshaw View Post
Anybody tried this?
I guess there's not much interest in this but it worked great for me. I just submitted the steps to make life a little bit easier for anyone else in the same predicament.
 
justjackyl
Old
#4  
justjackyl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 570
Posts: 1,565
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearWa View Post
I guess there's not much interest in this but it worked great for me. I just submitted the steps to make life a little bit easier for anyone else in the same predicament.
Does it work to downgrade ur baseband? I never got any method to work on ne pc setup

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

G2x CM7/STOCK/CM9/CM10 KERNELS CURRENT&OLD
G2x CM7.2 build.prop mod
Androidian Rigs:
LG G2x-CM7.2 03/01/13 Build, Trinity T15
!CLICK THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to justjackyl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Midnight_Rider
Old
#5  
Midnight_Rider's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,055
Posts: 1,740
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kannapolis, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjackyl View Post
Does it work to downgrade ur baseband? I never got any method to work on ne pc setup

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
follow the steps in this thread and download the v21e KDZ file listed. i do this all the time in XP Mode virtual machine. the trick is to keep watching the USB menu in the window to make sure your phone is connected. it will disconnect once in awhile so you just have to "attach" it in the VM and it will continue
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1680292
-Jerry
Nexus 5
 
simondadiamond
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 106
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gatineau
This is exactly what I needed, thank you
 
knotes
Old
#7  
knotes's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 26
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Markham
Default help please

hey I'm a beginner at this and i just want to clear a few things about the update before i proceed

1. will this automatically remove cwm recovery or will i have to do it manually?
2. do i need to unroot the phone?
 
kesara
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 456
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chesterbrook

 
DONATE TO ME
cwm is manual
No need to unroot

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
PHONE..... T-Mobile® G2x™ with Google™(LG - P999WD)
ROM
...... OTA Stock v21y 2.3.4 GRJ22 - Rooted
OS
....... Android 2.3.4 LG-P999-V21y
KERNEL
... Linux 2.6.32.9 LGE GB Faux 014b2
Other
.... Nemus launcher

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kesara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
khateeb-77
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default tmobile lg p 999 v21y

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearWa View Post
If you own a P999 and didn't update in time to get the latest baseband from LG's Update utility this guide is for you. Windows XP compatibility mode isn't used so people such as myself who have Windows 7 Home Premium can follow this procedure. I am a Wind Mobile user and while the forums have enough information on how to do this I decided to compile a concise guide to save everyone some time.

Note that this will remove your cwm recovery installation if you have one. You will have to nvflash your phone again. And of course I am not responsible for any repercussions that may occur by you following this guide.
  • Backup all apps + data.
  • Download the cwm backup stock wind firmware, a kdz file with the v21y baseband and the vbscript installation archive.
  • Extract wind firmware archive in clockworkmod/backup.
  • Boot into cwm recovery.
  • Clear data and cache.
  • "Recover" wind firmware from backup.
  • Boot into the new wind firmware.
  • Extract vbscript installation on PC and follow the directions from the download page. There's only one thing you do different: don't change the "Diag" menu to "EMERGENCY". Diagnostic mode is for phones that are powered on, emergency is for s/w update mode (volume down + power).

You are now running T-Mobile gingerbread with the v21y baseband! Now you can nvflash cwm recovery again and install your ROM of choice!
hi i need help may someone offer me arabic stock rom for my tmobile lg p999 v21y plz

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more

New Nvidia SHIELD Tablet OTA! Moto G 4G Gets Official CyangenMod 11 Nightlies – XDA Developer TV

The Nvidia SHIELD Tablet gets its … more