Root Micromax A87 Ninja 4 - Working Solution !

Search This thread

aunriz

Apr 13, 2010
1. Download jdk 32bit only from here, Android sdk from here, Unlock root from here, adb_usb.ini from here and A87 drivers from here.
2. Install jdk
3. install Android sdk, after installing open sdk manager form star and select "android sdk platform-tools" and "google usb driver" unselect the rest, click install packages. After installing put the adb_usb.ini file in "C:\Users\(your PC name)\.android"
4. Now on your phone goto settings>applications>development>enable usb debugging and connect usb cable, it should say usb debugging mode and show a little green android icon on the topleft (if not then reinsert cable or re enable usb debugging)
5. Windows will detect the device, let it stabilize then extract A87 drivers to a location say "C:/drivers"
6. Now goto start type "device manger" open device manager, you wil find "android adb interface" right click upgrade drivers and lead it to a location of your extracted drivers, do the same with other devices you get with an exclamation icon. (dont worry if you dont find other devices, its fine)
7. Install Unlock root, open it and click root, it wil ask for the device select micromax A87 and Your done !!!
8. Press Thanks !! Have a nice day !!

bb4ugl

Oct 4, 2011
how to backup unrooted rom before rooting?

and after rooting can we get extra ram and how?

aunriz

Apr 13, 2010
how to backup unrooted rom before rooting?

and after rooting can we get extra ram and how?

yes there are some measures fo cleaning extra apps and get some breathing space in ram,

you cannot backup til u root your device, you hav to use clockworkmod to flash a recovery on your device which requires rooting, what i found is A87 already has clockworkmod recovery preinstalled, but the version that exist is does not hav backup option.

And so i tried installing latest version of clockworkmod ie v6 now my phone freezes while going into recovery mode.

Now my question is , Which Clockworkmod to use for micromax A87.

m4v3rick_79

Sep 25, 2012
Need Cyanogen mod for ninja 4 A87

Need Cyanogen mod for ninja 4 A87.

rooted ninja 4 a87 sucessfully..

with apps

clockwork 4.0.5.1
busybox pro 7.9.2
swapper2

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
How much memory can free maximum after rooting? Any improvement regarding lagging?
Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda premium

aunriz

Apr 13, 2010
Just dont try to install any CWM on A87 i hav installed and now my phone does not boot in recovery, it hangs up on superfone screen, any one having a solution please reply

bb4ugl

Oct 4, 2011
Hey did u installed a CWM seperately or you are talking about the stock recovery, coz i treid installing cwm, it hangs up in boot screen

its a stock recovery file posted by itzmiandy on http://androidforums.com

here
http://androidforums.com/a87-all-th...inja-4-0-totally-underrrated.html#post5003411

here steps to flash
http://androidforums.com/a87-all-th...inja-4-0-totally-underrrated.html#post5008255

anirudhcrao flashed and worked like charm
flash it and let me know

aunriz

Apr 13, 2010

yeah that definately works like a charm as it is the stock recovery, but the thing is , it does not hav an option to backup, or install a zip file

and that is why i am unable to install online nandroid backup on my phone

if any one has a solution please reply

hasanain

Sep 29, 2012
I have had a problem a friend of mine rooted my ninja 4 and removed god knows what software from it and now i cannot start my phone and i am currently not in India so cant go to a micromax service center can you please help me as to how will i format and re install the entire phone with the original a87 software i am an amateur in android usage so please try to be simple

Thank you so very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Download jdk 32bit only from here, Android sdk from here, Unlock root from here, adb_usb.ini from here and A87 drivers from here.
    2. Install jdk
    3. install Android sdk, after installing open sdk manager form star and select "android sdk platform-tools" and "google usb driver" unselect the rest, click install packages. After installing put the adb_usb.ini file in "C:\Users\(your PC name)\.android"
    4. Now on your phone goto settings>applications>development>enable usb debugging and connect usb cable, it should say usb debugging mode and show a little green android icon on the topleft (if not then reinsert cable or re enable usb debugging)
    5. Windows will detect the device, let it stabilize then extract A87 drivers to a location say "C:/drivers"
    6. Now goto start type "device manger" open device manager, you wil find "android adb interface" right click upgrade drivers and lead it to a location of your extracted drivers, do the same with other devices you get with an exclamation icon. (dont worry if you dont find other devices, its fine)
    7. Install Unlock root, open it and click root, it wil ask for the device select micromax A87 and Your done !!!
    8. Press Thanks !! Have a nice day !!
    For the guys who losr their HOME launcher

Sol-
    Go to androidforum.com
    2. mmx a87 section
    3.there u will found a a87 stock rom
    4.download it
    5.place on root of ur sd card
    6.switch off ur phone
    reboot into recovery mode
    By doing this
    Hold on vol down botton.
    Gently press once power botton.
    thats it u will c options there
    Apply update from sd card..
    7.ur phone is factory reset
    If nor clear cache r wipe data n cache.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app
    using rom manager and rom toolbox you can update clockworkmod

Are you sure Rom manager CWM supports a87?

Sent from my Micromax A87 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks.....

While i check in running services from Settings>App
    Total Available memory is less than 120mb.
    Google services and Android Core Apps consumes around 20 mb
    Then Mlauncher and Hookup(unregistered) runs in background consuming another 15 mb. (How to stop it permanently???)

Removing or freezing the unwanted apps can solve this problem.
    its Rom Tool Box Pro help you to stop and remove system application but you need to root first

ad idhbar@gmail.com i already added you in my gtalk

my gtalk id is hardik797@gmail.com

thanks
    BR
    HARDY

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

its Rom Tool Box Pro help you to stop and remove system application but you need to root first

ad idhbar@gmail.com i already added you in my gtalk

my gtalk id is hardik797@gmail.com

thanks
    BR
    HARDY[/QUOT]
    I wil give a try tonight. I will format my pc. Should I install xp+sp2+sp3 or win7?