Vikaura Screen: Use Your Android to Customize Your World

Vikaura is another hot Kickstarter item building momentum online. This time the idea … more

Neon’s Colors Theme For Android L

This CyanogenMod 12 theme by XDA Recognized Themernitinvaidbrings some really nice looking colors to … more

Galaxy Note Edge Panel Themes

Follow this link to find themes from your favorite sports teams, video games, companies, and more for your lock … more

Official MEGA Layers Overlays Collection

The Layers Overlays is getting more popular every day and is a nice alternative to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to uninstall google maps

OP krispin

23rd April 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zvolenska Slatina
Thanks Meter: 11
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Please, knows somebody, how to uninstall preinstalled google maps from mediapad? I cant find app in system/apps and Titanium Backup is no way.
23rd April 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
It's in /cust/hw/normal/app
24th April 2012, 08:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zvolenska Slatina
Thanks Meter: 11
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Thank you very much. I am gona try to remove it.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using xda premium
20th September 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
any luck
sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody succeeded in removing the stock maps apk? I need to install a re-engineered version cos navigation is not enabled in my country.
20th September 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak****haw

sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody succeeded in removing the stock maps apk? I need to install a re-engineered version cos navigation is not enabled in my country.

Your tablet needs to be rooted to remove system apps. After that you should be able to use Titanium backup or any root explorer to remove the app.
20th September 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by isolated_epidemic

Your tablet needs to be rooted to remove system apps. After that you should be able to use Titanium backup or any root explorer to remove the app.

Hi, I have already rooted my tab. When I try to use Titanium backup or Root explorer, it says that I cant remove the app because it's read only.

On a lighter note, I hate how my name has been "censored"
21st September 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak****haw

Hi, I have already rooted my tab. When I try to use Titanium backup or Root explorer, it says that I cant remove the app because it's read only.

On a lighter note, I hate how my name has been "censored"

Interesting... Are you running a custom ROM, or stock? Second, when using Root Explorer, did you make sure to hit the itty bitty "Mount R/W" button at the top of the file list? Third, have you tried "freezing" the app with Titanium Backup instead of deleting, sometimes that works. Otherwise, you may have to try ADB to remove or rename the apk, or see if someone has a flashable zip for the custom maps apk you need.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes