[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

King Shatta

May 16, 2011
I have tried every recommendation in this thread. I have the ICS bootloader, just flashed the new .30 firmware, never flashed a JB ROM, when trying to go to fastboot mode, I only get "Starting fastboot USB download protocol" and get stuck there. When I input the commands you just said, I get "<waiting for device>" and stays there (for 12 hours once). I have tried 4 different sets of drivers, factory reset on my device, etc. The only thing I haven't tried is the Terminal in the tablet.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

At this point, I think I will just wait.

gaxiolafm,

PM me and I can walk you through the exact steps on how i got this to work. It took me a few tries and i was on TWRP with Zeus 4.0. Rom

Reactions: gaxiolafm

jrc27

Aug 28, 2010
Quick question. I have successfully flashed CWM and i've used it numerous times. When i go into ROM manager to backup my ROM, it says i need to have CWM installed and it wants to install it through ROM manager. When i click install, it wants to confirm my device is the transformer prime. Is there any harm in doing this, or am i stuck making backups the manual way?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Quick question. I have successfully flashed CWM and i've used it numerous times. When i go into ROM manager to backup my ROM, it says i need to have CWM installed and it wants to install it through ROM manager. When i click install, it wants to confirm my device is the transformer prime. Is there any harm in doing this, or am i stuck making backups the manual way?

Don't install the recovery from Rom manager ,IT WILL BRICK your device.

Reactions: suleiman.aql

kevinb77

Oct 3, 2010
Boston
Can this just be flashed through ROM Manager, or is this device not supported yet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Can this just be flashed through ROM Manager, or is this device not supported yet?

I've been busy fixing bugs and getting things working for the official cm builds. Once we get a bit more stable, I'll make sure we have ROM manager support. Just some init work that needs to be done on the recovery ramdisk and the ROM ramdisk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Deaj

Dec 5, 2008
Thanks for this! I somehow hosed my TF700's recovery and this fixed the issue. Better than stock recovery! :good: This got me back on track today and quick. Thanks again! :)

I'm still only getting 'waiting for device'. The drivers are definitely loaded as the tablet appears in explorer and device manager shows ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface with no exclamation marks or anything wrong. I'm on TWRP but never loaded any other ROMs. also on .30 firmware rooted and unlocked. How do I get fastboot to see my tablet? Is there going to be an alternative way of installing CWM soon?

I'm still only getting 'waiting for device'. The drivers are definitely loaded as the tablet appears in explorer and device manager shows ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface with no exclamation marks or anything wrong. I'm on TWRP but never loaded any other ROMs. also on .30 firmware rooted and unlocked. How do I get fastboot to see my tablet? Is there going to be an alternative way of installing CWM soon?

Anyone help?

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I need a quick test done with this version of the CWM recovery.

1. I need it tested on ICS
2. I need it tested on the latest JB OTA.

Please reply to this comment with results. I appreciate it. Thank you.

Thanks for testing!

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
I need a quick test done with this version of the CWM recovery.

1. I need it tested on ICS
2. I need it tested on the latest JB OTA.

Please reply to this comment with results. I appreciate it. Thank you.

Download

It works fine on JB,partitions mounts just fine,backup also works but i guess that boot partition restore is still broken (restore works fine but it doesn't restore the kernel).Can you confirm?

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
It works fine on JB,partitions mounts just fine,backup also works but i guess that boot partition restore is still broken (restore works fine but it doesn't restore the kernel).Can you confirm?

I'm not on the JB OTA, that's why I need confirmation. Ok, let me try a few things. I would like more confirmation on ICS also. Thank you! :)

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not on the JB OTA, that's why I need confirmation. Ok, let me try a few things. I would like more confirmation on ICS also. Thank you! :)

I had the boot restore issue with the ICS version too,so basically for a complete restore i always had to manually flash the kernel after a full restore.Of course if you are on Stock Rom for example and you restore a backup based on Stock Rom you don't have that issues because you already have the correct kernel.

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I had the boot restore issue with the ICS version too,so basically for a complete restore i always had to manually flash the kernel after a full restore.Of course if you are on Stock Rom for example and you restore a backup based on Stock Rom you don't have that issues because you already have the correct kernel.

That's odd, I always went from CM10 with test builds -> asus backup, and it always reapplied the boot just fine.

Can you give me more info about the version of the tf700 you're using? WW, US, 32G, 64G, etc. thanks. :)

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
New recovery is up in OP. It is compatible with the new JB OTA now.

There is a known issue with the 64G variant of the tf700 that it doesn't restore boot.img correctly. The boot.img will have to be fastboot flashed back manually. We'll be working on a fix. Thanks. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Please let me know of any issues you may run into.

What's new:
    • Kit Kat compatibility
    • Prevent scroll drifting in swipe recovery
    • minui: Allow devices to blank/unblank using LCD backlight
    • verifier: update to support certificates using SHA-256
    • Start healthd in recovery
    • copy logs to cache more aggressively
    • fix adb secure in recovery
    • fix mounting vold managed partitions
    • menu fixes
    • Add option: quick install from last location
    • cleanup code
    • allow clean reboots
    • Do data/media checks first in format_device()
    • Add support for performance control
    • Define paths for recovery settings files in a separate header
    • Adjust font size for tf700t 240dpi
    • su: Update for latest su daemon compatibility
    • install: Support downgrade scenarios
    • install: Fix possible overflow condition in the updater "scanner"
    • correctly mount tmpfs as /tmp in recovery
    • Use cat for adb backup
    • Fix up bu restore
    • New mount/format capabilities function for Mounts menu
    • Enable perf mode only in tar(.gz) compress/extract wrappers
    • Do not use performance mode during package install
    • Fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots
    • Fix recovery reboot command by adding the init sys.powerctl property

Things I've tested and verified working:
    • Backups
    • Restores
    • Flashing update.zip files
    • Formatting partitions

Instructions:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery-kk-6047.img
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
    Code:
    su
    dd if=recovery-kk-6047.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4; reboot

Download

Help? Click here...

Donate to the devs:
    dasunsrule32

Source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_tf700t
    Finally it was able to fix!!! :good:

This solved the problem of not beeing able to fastboot connect (kernel patch):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804414

Patch:
    http://www.eohonline.com/roms/Stock-9.4.5.26-root-deodex-KPatch-1.zip

Download patch, install it with TWRP, Fastboot will work again!

I found out that i was not able to come back from JB to ICS. The patch fixted this too...

CWM is AWESOME!

good night, it's 3.40 AM Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz

I've been busy fixing bugs and getting things working for the official cm builds. Once we get a bit more stable, I'll make sure we have ROM manager support. Just some init work that needs to be done on the recovery ramdisk and the ROM ramdisk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    OP updated with KK recovery and changelog. :)
    Recovery updated to 6.0.4.7 with the following changes:

• Adjust font size for tf700t 240dpi
    • su: Update for latest su daemon compatibility
    • install: Support downgrade scenarios
    • install: Fix possible overflow condition in the updater "scanner"
    • correctly mount tmpfs as /tmp in recovery
    • Use cat for adb backup
    • Fix up bu restore
    • New mount/format capabilities function for Mounts menu
    • Enable perf mode only in tar(.gz) compress/extract wrappers
    • Do not use performance mode during package install
    • Fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots