[MOD] AOSP JellyBean Carrier Name Change
For those of you who are using cm10 builds and are tired of seeing Verizon Wireless on your lockscreen and notification pulldown this will allow you to remove or change it to something else. I take no credit for this all credit goes to spunks3 for making the post over in the nexus forums, I just tried his method and it happened to work on our phone, also belair56 for the original find as well as dakota0206 for his post on the thread giving the correct eri.xml.
PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY MODS SUCH AS THIS!
1) Download eri.xml onto your desktop or some folder you will remember where it has been placed.
2) Open "eri.xml" with something such as NotePad or WordPad and edit everywhere you see "Whatever you want or delete this and nothing will show up". You can simply change the text or delete the text between the quotations and nothing will show up.
3) Save "eri.xml" and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
4) Open Root Explorer or an app similar, copy "eri.xml" from your SD card to "/data" directory. Please make sure you are not placing it in /sdcard/data
5) Also make sure that eri.xml has the same permissions as in the thumbnail below.
6) Reboot, and Enjoy!
eri.xml here http://www.mediafire.com/?x0x8kqyapnws4sc
Confirmed working on paranoid android version 2.13