Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] AOSP JellyBean Carrier Name Change

Tip us?

natethegreat86
Old
(Last edited by natethegreat86; 28th September 2012 at 01:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [MOD] AOSP JellyBean Carrier Name Change

For those of you who are using cm10 builds and are tired of seeing Verizon Wireless on your lockscreen and notification pulldown this will allow you to remove or change it to something else. I take no credit for this all credit goes to spunks3 for making the post over in the nexus forums, I just tried his method and it happened to work on our phone, also belair56 for the original find as well as dakota0206 for his post on the thread giving the correct eri.xml.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY MODS SUCH AS THIS!

1) Download eri.xml onto your desktop or some folder you will remember where it has been placed.
2) Open "eri.xml" with something such as NotePad or WordPad and edit everywhere you see "Whatever you want or delete this and nothing will show up". You can simply change the text or delete the text between the quotations and nothing will show up.
3) Save "eri.xml" and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
4) Open Root Explorer or an app similar, copy "eri.xml" from your SD card to "/data" directory. Please make sure you are not placing it in /sdcard/data
5) Also make sure that eri.xml has the same permissions as in the thumbnail below.
6) Reboot, and Enjoy!

eri.xml here http://www.mediafire.com/?x0x8kqyapnws4sc

Confirmed working on paranoid android version 2.13
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-21-04-35-25.jpg
Views:	2867
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1345886   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921042027.jpg
Views:	2924
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1345887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
Views:	3104
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1345888  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to natethegreat86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aznguyen316
Old
(Last edited by aznguyen316; 21st September 2012 at 01:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Hey thanks for this! I'm also using PA2.13 so should be easy. May I ask where you got that battery circle mod? In the meantime I'll search it. Thanks again.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...circle+battery

was this it? Sorry to crowd the thread.

BTW got it working =D
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-09-21 08.53.55.jpg
Views:	2058
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1343095  
Galaxy Note 3 AT&T on Dynamic Kat 3.0

natethegreat86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Glad you got it working and actually I just pulled the images from an old copy of my systemui.apk when I had syngergy rom. Just modded my current systemui.apk, swapped out the images and edited the appropriate xmls.
The Following User Says Thank You to natethegreat86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hanoverfiste
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just tried on Paranoid 2.13 and it didnt work for me

natethegreat86
Old
(Last edited by natethegreat86; 22nd September 2012 at 06:10 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfiste View Post
It shouldn't really make any difference but what kernel are you using and did you follow the directions exactly? Also make sure you are putting eri.xml in /data and not in /sdcard/data also make sure eri.xml has the following permissions in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1345884  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natethegreat86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Imatoasta
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfiste View Post
It wasn't working for me either until I changed the permissions to above. Do any of the other comments in that file do anything? Kinda weird that it isn't there in the first place. Thanks, op.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imatoasta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hanoverfiste
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat86 View Post
It shouldn't really make any difference but what kernel are you using and did you follow the directions exactly? Also make sure you are putting eri.xml in /data and not in /sdcard/data also make sure eri.xml has the following permissions in the picture below.
Thanks I didnt have it in /data had it in /sdcard/data. and look what happens when you put things where they are supposed to go they actually work
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanoverfiste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

natethegreat86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatoasta View Post
It wasn't working for me either until I changed the permissions to above. Do any of the other comments in that file do anything? Kinda weird that it isn't there in the first place. Thanks, op.
Its just how the original xml was it doesn't do anything in fact if you really wanted to you could delete all the text above this first line

<EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">

And glad the permissions fixed it for you
The Following User Says Thank You to natethegreat86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ALUCARDDEV
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is pretty cool. Thanks for testing it and posting.

Sent from SCH-I535 (CM10 0920) via XDA Premium
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CM10 Nightly 0920
Recovery: CWM 6.0.1.2
Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to ALUCARDDEV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

natethegreat86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Glad to see so many people using and enjoying this I know I was tired of seeing verizon anything lol.