[APP] OblyTile - Tile Creator for all programs.
This program is meant to create tiles to the windows 8 start screen.
I created this in vb.net using SharpDevelop, it works for all programs/folder/files and even websites.
The program will store the image files inside the folder "C:\Program Files\OblyTile" and create the Shortcut .LNK file inside the StartMenu folder.
If you want to delete a Tile, right click it on the startmenu and select "Remove From Start" on the left bottom side.
OblyTile v0.5 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.7/0.7.1 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.2 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.6 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.8 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.9 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.9.1 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.9.5 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.9.7 (ChangeLog
- Added ability to pick a color from the tile preview. [Click the tile preview to pick the color]
- Added support for accented letters in the tile name.
- Added function to automatically retrieve the color of the selected Square Tile image. [You can select it in the Settings menu]
- Added function to always use a custom background color for the new tiles. [You can select it in the Settings menu]
- Added function to remember the last color chosen in the color picker. [You can select it in the Settings menu]
- Added function to search in the listboxes. [Search items in the Tile, Shortcut, Quick and WinApp lists]
- OblyTile will now ask if you want to remove the previous tile images when you change the square tile image of an already existing tile.
- Enhanced the OblyTile "Remove" function. [You can find it in the Settings menu]
- Possible fix for WinApps dissapearing after being launched.
- Fixed blurry Tiny and Small tile.
- Fixed bugged tile when using #FFFFFF as background tile color.
- Fixed shortcuts not being shown for some programs in the Shortcut list.
- Small changes to the UI. [Messageboxes, Buttons, Dpi, Transparency, Tab Index]
- Changed SkyDrive to OneDrive in the WinApp list.
- Make a backup of your tiles before upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you might lose your custom tiles during the process of upgrade. (Thanks to LLJKRevol)
- Tiles which contain accented letters in the tile name can be edited only by OblyTile v0.9.8 and above.
- In order to launch the Immersive mode of your web browser by using a tile made with OblyTile, be sure to close the desktop version of it.
- If the tiles are not showed properly (a normal icon is showed) open OblyTile and press the second button on top of OblyTile. (Rebuild cache)
- If "Rebuild cache" does not work, try >> this <<
- In case of errors about Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.ValidateKeyName or similar, try >> this <<
- If the tiles will not react when you click it (the program or file will not be opened) follow those steps VBScript - Fix
Windows 8.1 Professional Build 9600 - 32/64 Bit
Windows 8 Professional Build 9200 - 32/64 Bit
Windows 8 Enterprise Build 9200 - 32/64 Bit
Microsoft Surface RT 32GB /w Jailbreak
(Thanks to netham45
Use this program at your own risk.