Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TF101 unresponsive touchscreen

OP flyinbrian2229

23rd September 2012, 06:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
So one day my TF101's touchscreen just became unresponsive. No matter what I try, I cannot get any kind of response from the touchscreen. However the track pad still manages to work. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this problem, or is anyone having a similar problem? I am currently running the latest Revolver Rom and a stock kernel. There is also no physical damage to the tablet that would lead me to believe that it is a hardware issue.
24th September 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unresponsive touchscreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrian2229

So one day my TF101's touchscreen just became unresponsive. No matter what I try, I cannot get any kind of response from the touchscreen. However the track pad still manages to work. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this problem, or is anyone having a similar problem? I am currently running the latest Revolver Rom and a stock kernel. There is also no physical damage to the tablet that would lead me to believe that it is a hardware issue.

My TF101 suffers from this and it had me stumped for a while. I determined it was a hardware problem when I got so frustrated, i started doing "impact engineering." I gently pressed on various places along the back of the tablet and somehow reengaged the touchscreen connectivity. To this day, it still cuts in and out, but pressing the back of the tablet in different places ultimately reengages it. I'd send it back for repair, but the tablet is about 18 months old and I am probably just going to buy something new in the next 6 months or so anyway. If yours is newer, you should probably RMA it.

FWIW, the area on the back that seems to reengage the touchscreen is the rear upper left when you are holding it in landscape mode with the front camera top/center.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread