FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[ROM][AOSP] Unofficial Liquid Jelly Bean 2.0 [Kang] Updated 10-20 RC5!

2,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,476
 
By ManelScout4Life, Account currently disabled on 31st August 2012, 02:43 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th September 2012, 07:53 PM |#1401  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
On new rom (9/24), can anyone try the Google Play Store & tell me if it just closes & kicks you right out? Reboot/clear data & cache didn't help.

I see lots of hits in searches about apps not compatible in the store, but nothing about getting kicked out.
 
 
24th September 2012, 08:26 PM |#1402  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polstein

On new rom (9/24), can anyone try the Google Play Store & tell me if it just closes & kicks you right out? Reboot/clear data & cache didn't help.

I see lots of hits in searches about apps not compatible in the store, but nothing about getting kicked out.

nope it doesnt do that to me maybe clear data for the store and services framework and see if that helps, also what Google apps are you using the recommended or something else?
24th September 2012, 08:34 PM |#1403  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshinn1

nope it doesnt do that to me maybe clear data for the store and services framework and see if that helps, also what Google apps are you using the recommended or something else?

Thanks for confirming. Re-doing my install now, probably went to fast & did something stupid. Debating if I want to give slim a try over this one (decisions, decisions...).

(edit - might have flashed the zip & forgotten the gaaps altogether)
(edit2 - yup, working. sorry for the post)
Last edited by polstein; 24th September 2012 at 09:11 PM.
24th September 2012, 09:46 PM |#1404  
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 934
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshinn1

nope it doesnt do that to me maybe clear data for the store and services framework and see if that helps, also what Google apps are you using the recommended or something else?

Change your dpi to 320

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
24th September 2012, 09:47 PM |#1405  
dafoxs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,553
 
Donate to Me
More
Anyone ever have to say, "sorry officer, I wasn't texting and driving, I was flashing a rom?" its a first for me.

Anyway everything is running great except the usual BT. I'll attempt some of fixes.

Nice job on the rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2012, 10:04 PM |#1406  
Moose0704's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,543
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoxs

Anyone ever have to say, "sorry officer, I wasn't texting and driving, I was flashing a rom?" its a first for me.

Anyway everything is running great except the usual BT. I'll attempt some of fixes.

Nice job on the rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

LMAO!!! I have not but I have flashed many ROMs before on the way to work

Sent from my Super Smooth Galaxy Note, running SlimBean by ManelScout4Life!
24th September 2012, 10:52 PM |#1407  
Senior Member
Flag Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose0704

LMAO!!! I have not but I have flashed many ROMs before on the way to work

Sent from my Super Smooth Galaxy Note, running SlimBean by ManelScout4Life!

I was flashing at 5:45 this morning on my way into work lol.
24th September 2012, 11:29 PM |#1408  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Manuel, I'm not sure if you're interested in teaching but they have alternative certifications in which you can teach business or tech classes with your degree without having to do student teaching if you didn't want to.

Pay is okay. You'll have benefits, a union, and nice paid time off.

You might also check your local libraries. They pay around $20 an hour and you get great benefits and paid vacation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Last edited by kiltedthrower; 24th September 2012 at 11:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kiltedthrower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2012, 05:00 AM |#1409  
OkNewMedia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, Ok
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
At&t is always hiring. Retail sales hours are tough, but pay and benefits are decent, and plenty of opportunity for advancement. Plus, you get a new company phone to play with every 3 or 4 months. I have a GS3 for work and a GNote for personal right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Last edited by OkNewMedia; 25th September 2012 at 05:03 AM.
25th September 2012, 05:42 AM |#1410  
Rocket42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Red Bluff, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,094
 
More
John, Is that your kitty in OP? Here is my boy...sorry. just sharing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1348548118762.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1352813  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rocket42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes