Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with GPS and ROMS

Tip us?

Lil Dego
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with GPS and ROMS

Hi, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S 2 from Sprint. I have learned that on XDA this phone is called Samsung Galaxy S 4G. I am not a pro when it comes to rooting phones but I come from a EVO that I had rooted and flashed many roms. However my Galaxy S 2 has me stumped! I rooted it and it has not worked the way it should. I cant get my GPS to work on any ROM I have flashed. I have been through the forums, Google and anything else I could thing of. I Have tried every app or fix idea I could find and still nothing. I am now at the point where I would like to unroot my phone and start over. I feel as if maybe I have done something wrong. However I cant find a video or directions how to unroot my phone back to stock. I know my phone came with ICS and all the videos or directions I find are from 2.3. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks!

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 975

DONATE TO ME
If this is your phone, then it is a Samsung Galaxy S II, which is not a Samsung Galaxy S 4G. The SGS4G is mainly a T-Mobile product and is not firmware-compatible with the Galaxy S II.
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on

Lil Dego
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply!! I am sorry I meant to say XDA says my phone is Samsung Epic 4G Touch. XDA also says that its a sprint phone. The only S II phone I see on XDA is the Samsung Galaxy S II 19122 and it does not look like my phone in the picture. Even in the countless videos I have watched its not my phone. In fact I do not even think that the 19122 is not a Sprint phone. The Samsung Epic 4G Touch looks like my phone and its for Sprint. Which should I be using? What should I do??

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 975

DONATE TO ME
Firmware for different Samsung phones is not interchangeable. I'd ask in the Epic 4G Touch forums to start

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on

Lil Dego
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsf View Post
Firmware for different Samsung phones is not interchangeable. I'd ask in the Epic 4G Touch forums to start

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development
Thanks again for your reply! I will take your advice and ask in the Epic 4G Touch forums.