No registration required

Aw Geesh! My Screen Is Cracked!!!!

OP Guardsix

4th August 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #11  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 391

2,052 posts
More
My exchange, 2nd from GameStop had the LCD cracked but the outer glass was intact on the day I opened it for my birthday. Took that one back, they gave me a store credit because they didn't have anymore, and the pre-orders closed. I found out they got a new shipment from others on here and called my store today. Manager says, I tried to call you yesterday, we got an extra and another pre-order that decided not to pick his up. Come on by and get yours.

I instantly installed a xtremeguard and my x series tpu case, although this one is not responding to touches, I didn't bother to test it before installing the protector, as I didn't want to get finger prints on it and have to clean it off.. This happened with my previous one as well, but it responded better every hour it dried, not the same on the new one. Also another observation, this is the first of my 3 units that didn't come re-sealed with double tape...

-CC
5th August 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #12  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 646

1,852 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardsix

Just a word to other owners...the glass on the Nexus 7 ain't gorilla glass of any kind if it can break during normal use! I've got mine in a very nice case and that's where it will stay.

FWIW, Gorilla Glass is no less prone to cracking than regular glass. It's just less prone to scratch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
5th August 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by just lou

FWIW, Gorilla Glass is no less prone to cracking than regular glass. It's just less prone to scratch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Source? Or did you pull that out of your ass?

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...lla-glass3.htm
5th August 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
If I knew office depot would have a protection plan for 2 years including screen I probably would not have bought from Google. great news it all worked out. I cracked my notion ink tablet and it cost more than the tablet was worth to replace the screen.
6th August 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Cracked screen update
A quick up update to my previous post. I just got off the phone with Staples and they won't let me return the tablet because it is damaged. I tried to explain that I didn't cause the damage but the employee wasn't budging on this. He said that the only way a screen can crack is by applying too much pressure. I explained that I in no way misused or abused it. I'm very disappointed in Staples not standing behind the products that they sell.

-Bob
26th September 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 4,807

5,743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardsix

I picked up my Nexus 7 this evening to do some reading and noticed I couldn't get any touch responses. I couldn't get the ring to slide in either direction to unlock the screen. I kept trying for several minutes and finally got it to turn off. I thought a re-set might help. I did get it turned back on but it was doing the same thing. No touch response. I finally turned on my chair lamp and looked at the screen.

I have a crack clear across the screen about a third of the way down! Now, I do not treat my devices roughly in any way. I'm 62 years old so I don't throw stuff around, I use them as they should be used. I don't put my Nexus 7 in a backpack nor have I taken it out of my house in the two weeks I've had it.

I don't believe the glass should be cracking at two weeks of very gentle use.

I guess I have to ask ASUS for warranty service or do I take it back to Office Deport to see if they will do anything for me?

Would appreciate some advice.

The same EXACT thing happened to me too. I am going to try to buy a new screen/LCD/Digitizer, and see if I can replace it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread