Android 4.1 - TF700

OP Gary Key

27th September 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 61

616 posts
Well we know when the OTA starts to download in the backgroud. The device starts to slow down, apps crashing and random reboots. Its the great I/O feature to show when some background downloading happening

Same happened when had the .30 update coming. device was almost unusable for a while, then it rebooted by itself, when started back up got notification that update ready to install
27th September 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #92  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 712

3,003 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyAndy

Well we know when the OTA starts to download in the backgroud. The device starts to slow down, apps crashing and random reboots. Its the great I/O feature to show when some background downloading happening

Same happened when had the .30 update coming. device was almost unusable for a while, then it rebooted by itself, when started back up got notification that update ready to install

It sounds like your Infinity is especially bad, lol! No wonder you complain. Well hopefully this update will help.
27th September 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #93  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1,612

87 posts
Release Update
North American Update - 9/27/2012
10.4.4.14.1 Release is held.

For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the slight delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gary Key For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Do you have any information about WW version ?
Thanks
27th September 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #95  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 712

3,003 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key

For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the slight delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.

Hmmm. I'm not even going to update as I'm on a custom rom, but people here are so anxious to get this update, it seems cruel to put it off just so facebook users with keyboard docks can make comments. I think we expect there to be glitches with apps that haven't yet updated compatibility with Jelly Bean, but is it really necessary to delay the OTA for that?
27th September 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 82

521 posts
Quote:

Why the TF201 update for JB was not held.
27th September 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi

Hmmm. I'm not even going to update as I'm on a custom rom, but people here are so anxious to get this update, it seems cruel to put it off just so facebook users with keyboard docks can make comments. I think we expect there to be glitches with apps that haven't yet updated compatibility with Jelly Bean, but is it really necessary to delay the OTA for that?

Why would they release this with a known bug in such a massively popular app, especially it would take just a short time to fix? It's funny, sometimes I think vendors will get flak no matter what they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to rambling1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 62

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll wait for cm10 to become solid
They probably will dissect this update and use what's needed only

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
27th September 2012, 02:32 PM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 64

196 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the update, Gary. Hopefully most users will understand that fixing a few last-minute bugs before the rollout is preferable to having those issues rear their ugly heads afterwards.
27th September 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 175

1,274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi

then we will have 50 threads from facebook users who use their keyboards to comment, complaining that this update sucks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread